- Volume 12 Issue 12
This paper presents a model of ubiquitous learning environment system based on the concepts of ubiquitous computing technology that enables learning to take place anywhere at anytime. This ubiquitous learning environment is described as an environment-friendly learning scheme that supports students' learning using digital media in geographically distributed environments. The u-learning model is a web-based e-learning system that could enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills through interaction between them and the ubiquitous learning environment. Education is happening all around the student but the student may not even be conscious of the learning process. Source data is present in the embedded objects and students do not have to do anything in order to learn. The communication between devices and the embedded computers in the environment allows learners to learn in an environment of their interest while they are moving, hence, attaching them to their learning environment.
Ubiquitous Learning;U-Learning Community;Web-Based E-learning System;Learning Environment
- University of Illinois College of Education Ubiquitious Learning Institute from: http://www.ed.uiuc.edu/uli/
- Stockwell, T., 1998 Accelerated Learning in Theory and Practice, published by the European Foundation for Education, Communication and Teaching, 298
- S. J. H. Yang, Lan,., B. C. W. Wu, B. J. D. & A. C. N. Chang, "Context Aware Service Oriented Architecture for Web Based Learning", International Journal of Advance learning Technology, 2 (4), retrieved October 25, 2005
- W. Carine, B. Loris, P. Sylvie and B. Nicolas, "The Baghera project: A multi-agent architecture for human learning", available at http://julita.usask.ca/Madmuc/Baghera.rtf, 2001.
- Ogata, H., 2003 Features of Ubiquitous Learning from Computer supported ubiquitous learning environment for Language Learning from the Journal Transactions Processing Society of Japan code Z0778A vol. 45 no. 10, 2354-2363 from:http://www-yano.is.tokushima u.ac.jp/ogata/clue/ogata-kest2003.pdf and also quoted in Eductech Wiki http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/ Ubiquitous_learning
- B. C. Kim, "On-line Reinforcement Learning for Cart-pole Balancing Problem", Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol 10, No 4, pp. 157-162, 2010.
- M. K. Kim, "Digital Contents Application using Intelligence", Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol 9, No 2, pp. 65-71, 2009.