- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of the Electric Lancing Device and the Lancet to Prevent the Secondary Contamination by Needlestick Injury
채혈바늘에 의한 2차 감염 방지기능을 갖는 랜싯과 전동식 채혈기의 개발
- Hong, Sung-Chul (School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Halla University) ;
- Jang, Seok-Jin (Bosung Meditech Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kang, Shin-Han (School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Halla University)
- Received : 2011.10.25
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This paper deals with the development of the safety lancet and the electric lancing device. The safety lancet, in which a needle and a protective cap become one body, is designed. It is to prevent the secondary contamination by needlestick injury because the needle is always in the protective cap except for a moment of blood-gathering. The electric lancing device powered by batteries is devised to be operated by the moving rod of solenoid hitting the lancet. and to be used after selecting the repeat or the single hitting mode. The impact force by a hitting rod, the expected life of battery and etc. are measured for product development. This lancing device can be also used for the bloodletting device of the oriental medicine.
Lancet;Lancing device;Needlestick injury
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Ann, C. W., "Recent Treatment of Diabetes," Annual Fall Conferences of The Korean Academy of Clinical Geriatrics, pp.253-257, Oct., 2010.
- Jin, H. K., "On the Survey of Using Lancet for Self-monitoring of Blood Sugar," The 20th Spring Congress of Korean Diabetes Association, pp.211-214, May, 2007.
- Health and Safety Executive(HSE), "Sharps Injuries," http://www.hse.gov.uk/healthservices/needlesticks/.
- Park, M., K. Park, K. Kim, Y. Cha, M. Jun, T. Kim, T. Lee and E. Cha, "Pain and Blood Volume with Different Sampling Sites and Puncture Depths in Vacuum Assisted Auto Lancing Technique for Blood Glucose Test," Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education, Vol.12 No.2, pp.265-271, 2006.
- Anti-Corruption & Civil Rights Commission, " No.2009-21, an improvement scheme of system to prevent the unreasonable charge of medical bills for disposable medical devices," 2009 Collection of Deliberation for the Corruption Prevention, Vol.8, pp.225-230, Febuary, 2010.
- Kim, H. S., W. K. Ham, Y. H. Jeong, T. S. Lee and E. J. Cha," Automated Mass Production System of Sterile Lancet for Capillary Blood Sampling," Chungbuk Medical Journal, Vol.10, No.2, pp.91-97, 2000
- Kim H. S., K. A. Kim, M. H. Chun, T. I. Kim, Y. H. Jung, T. S. Lee and E. J. Cha, "Single use Automatic Lancet to Minimize Pain During Skin Puncture," J. of Biomedical Engineering Research, Vol.23, No.4, pp.323-327, The Korean Society Medical and Biological Engineering (KOSOMBE), 2002.
- Kim, D. H., "The Study on The Lancing Device Design Development for A Measurement of Blood Gluucose," J. Cheong-ju Univ., Vol.7, pp.283-305, 2006.