- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Design and Experiment of Automatic Painting Robot Using Permanent Magnet Mobile Robot in Ship Cargo Tank
자석대차를 이용한 화물창 내 자동 도장로봇에 대한 연구
- Han, Seung-Chul (Department of Automobile, Yeungnam College of Science & Technology) ;
- Kim, Jin-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Je-Hoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, Sung-Kyu (KL-TECH)
- Received : 2011.10.07
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
In order to build a ship, painting on ship cargo tank is one of the most dangerous parts as it involves working in high altitudes and a closed ship cargo tank. Therefore, researchers have been developing devices that will enable mobile robots to operate on vertical walls. The wall-climbing robots have been widely used to attach on the wall such as suction types. These types can be utilized regardless of the wall material. However, it is required to adhere and control the suction cups. To moderate this drawbacks, this paper proposes an automatic painting robot that uses a permanent magnet mobile robot. Using the magnetic characteristics, this robot can move on the boat vertically and horizontally even while hanging on the ceiling of the ship cargo tank. Also, we made a prototype to test adhesive force of the permanent magnet wheel and mobile robot as well as the towing capacity and auto-piloting ability.
Ship Cargo Tank;Automatic Painting Robot;Permanent Magnet Wheel;Permanent Magnet Mobile Robot
- Bahr. B, et al., "Design and Suction CPU Analysis of a Wall Climbing Robot", Computer Elect. Eng., Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 193-209, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7906(95)00039-9
- Luk. B. L, et al., "ROBUG II : An Intelligent Wall Climbing Robot", Proc. of 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 3, pp. 2342-2347, 1991.
- Luk. B. L, et al., "Nero : A Teleoperated Wall-climbing Vehicle forInspection of Nuclear Reactor Pressure Vessel", Proc. of 13th ASME International Computers in Engineering Conference and Exposition,
- Yi. H. C, et al., "Development of Detachable System of Permanent Magnet Wheel for Mobile Robot", Proc. of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, pp. 635-638, 2000.
- Kim. J. H, et al., "Design and Experimental Implementation of Easily Detachable Permanent Magnet Reluctance Wheel for Wall-climbing Mobile Robot", Journal of Magnetics, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 128-131, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2010.15.3.128