- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Machining Characteristics and Performance Analysis of Air-Lubricated Dynamic Bearing
공기동압베어링의 성능 해석 및 가공특성 평가
- Baek, Seung-Yub (Dept of Mechanical design, Induk University) ;
- Kim, Kwang-Lae (Dept of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Induk University)
- Received : 2011.11.15
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
The need is growing for high-speed spindle because various equipment are becoming more precise, miniaturization and high speed with the development of industries. Air-lubricated dynamic bearings are widely used in the optical lithographic manufacturing of wafers to realize nearly zero friction for the motion of the stage. Air-lubricated dynamic bearing can be used in high-speed, high-precision spindle system and hard disk drive(HDD) because of its advantages such as low frictional loss, low heat generation, averaging effect leading better running accuracy. In the paper, numerical analysis is undertaken to calculate the performance of air-lubricated dynamic bearing with herringbone groove. The static performances of herringbone groove bearings which can be used to support the thrust load are calculated. Electrochemical micro machining(
Air-lubricated dynamic bearing;Herringbone groove;Current density;Electrolyte;
Supported by : 인덕대학
- Y. Saito, H. Makino, and A. Tamura., "Characteristics of Gas-Lubricated Spherical Spiral Groove Bearings", Journal of JSLE, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 221-227, 1983.
- T. Czyzwewski and P. Titus., "Analysis of an Arbitrarily Misaligned Self-Acting Gas Film Journal Bearing of Finite Length", Wear, Vol. 114, pp. 367-379, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(87)90123-2
- J. Bootsma., "Spherical and Conical Spiral Groove Bearings", ASME Journal of Lubrication Technology, pp. 236-249, 1975.
- N. Kawabata, I. Ashino, M. Sekizawa, and S. Yamazaki., "Spiral grooved Bearing Utilizing the Pumping Effect of a Herringbone Journal Bearing", JSME Int. Journal, Series III, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 411-418, 1991.
- W. C. Choi, K. H. Park, J. H. Choi, K. H. Kim, and B. C. Koh., "Study on the Performance of Spiral-Grooved Semi-Spherical Air Bearings Using Taguchi Method", JSME Int. Journal, Series C, Vol. 43, No. 1, 2000.
- J. A. McGeough., "Principles of Electrochemical Machining", Champman and Hall, Ltd., 1974.
- M. Datta., "Applications of Electrochemical Microfabrication: An Introduction", IBM Journal of Research & Development, Vol 42, Issue 5, pp. 563, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1147/rd.425.0563
- K. P. Rajurkar, D. Zhu, and B. Wei., "Minimization of Machining Allowance in Electrochemical Machining", CIRP, Vol 47, No. 1, pp. 165-168, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)62809-1
- K. P. Rajurkar, D. Zhu, J. A. McGeough, J. Kozak, and A. De Silva., "New Developments in Electrochemical Machining", CIRP, Vol 48, No. 2, pp. 567-580, 2000.
- Rolf Schuster, and Viola Kirchner., "Electrochemical Micromachining",Science, Vol. 289, pp. 98-101, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.289.5476.98
- B. Wei, K. P. Rajurkar, and S. Talpallikar., "Identification of Interelectrode Gap Sizes in Pulse Electrochemical Machining", The Electrochemical society, Vol. 144, No. 11, pp. 3913-3918, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1838110
- J. H. Kang, K. W. Kim., "A Comparison study on the Performance of Several Types of Air Lubricated Hydrodynamic Thrust Bearings", Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 364-370, 2001.
- Chikamori, K., "Possibilities of Electrochemical Micromachining", Int. Journal of JSPE, Vol. 32, pp. 37-38, 1998.
- J. w. Schultze, and A. Bressel., "Principle of electrochemical micro and nano system technologies", Electrochemica Acta 47, pp. 3-21, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-4686(01)00584-9
- A. K. M. De Silva, H. S. J. Altena, and J. A. McGeough., "Precision ECM by Process Characteristic Modelling", Annals of the CIRP Vol. 49/1, pp. 151-155, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)62917-5
- M. S. Amalnik, and J. A. McGeough., "Intelligent Concurrent Manufacturability Evaluation of Design for Electrochemical Machining", Journal of Materials Processing Technology 61, pp. 130-139, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-0136(96)02477-6
- Effect of Oil Groove Shapes on the Characteristic of the Flow Rate at the Journal Bearing with Vertical Type vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.3.1664