- Volume 36 Issue 4
Evaluating Picture Quality of Image Plates in Digital CR Systems
디지털 CR시스템에서 Image plate의 화질 평가
- Kwak, Byung-Joon (Department of Radiological Technology, Choonhae College of Health Science) ;
- Ji, Tae-Jeong (Department of Radiological Science, Kaya University)
- Received : 2011.07.29
- Accepted : 2011.09.27
- Published : 2011.12.30
Lab effectively supplemented the effects of outside radiation on image plates in the process of image acquisition of CR (computed radiography) systems and conducted for effective utilization in the case of clinical application. For this, Lab classified the storage places and time periods of image plates and compared and analyzed the differences between small dark spots. Lab also assessed the concentration distribution within the boundaries of images. Lab compared and measured the number of dark spots in a light room and a dark room depending on the storage places of image plates and found that dark spots slightly increased in an image plate when stored in a light room on the first and second days. Dark spots increased in proportion to the length of time stored. In the case of the image plate stored in a dark room, the number of dark spots remarkably decreased. With regard to picture quality as related to the location of image plates, the damage to picture quality could be reduced by locating regions of interest in the center. With regard to differences in sharpness following changes in the thickness of subjects, fewer scatter rays occurred and sharpness improved by reducing the thickness of subjects as much as possible. To get medical images of excellent quality, image plates should be managed effectively and it is desirable to keep images plates in dark iron plate boxes and not to expose them to outside radiation for a long time.
- Kim YI, Gwun DM, Kim SS, Kim SG, Kim HG, Kim HT, Park YS, Park, IY, Sin YS, Yang HJ, Oh HJ, Yoo BG, Yoo JS, Lee GS, Lee DG, Lee MG, Lee HM, Imm CH, Imm HY, Jang YI, Hong CG. Analog & Digital ； PACS Medical Image Informatics. 6th ed. Seoul;Daihaks Publishing Company, 2008:329-398.
- Kim ST, Han BH. Evaluation of the Patient Dose in Case of Standard Radiographic Examination Using CR and DR. Journal of Radiological Science and Technology 2010;33:173-178.
- Cowen AR, Workman A, Price JS. Physical aspects of photostimulable phosphor computed radiography. Br. J. Radial. 1993;66(784):332-345. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-66-784-332
- Kim CB. The MTF Measurement of the Convention X-ray System by using the Computed Radiography. Journal of Radiological Science and Technology 2005;28:111-115.
- Huang HK. Toward the Digital Radiology Department. European journal of radiology 1996;22:165. https://doi.org/10.1016/0720-048X(96)00775-9
- Don W, Peter DB. Diagnostics for Digital Capture Using MTF. New York; Eastman kodak company rochester, 2002.
- Alcon EPQ, Lopes RT. Slot Scintillation Detector Modeling for Digital Radiology. Radiation physics and chemistry 2001;61:411-414. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(01)00283-3
- 의료영상정보연구회. Medical Image Informatics. 2th ed. Chung-Gu Publishing, 2010:201-212.