- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Signal Powers Generated with Metal Hammer Plate and Plastic Hammer Plate
금속 및 플라스틱 재질의 해머 타격판에 의해 발생된 신호의 파워 비교
- Kim, Jin-Hoo (Department of Energy and Mineral Resources Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Lee, Young-Hyun (Department of Energy and Mineral Resources Engineering, Dong-A University)
- Received : 2011.08.11
- Accepted : 2011.10.27
- Published : 2011.11.30
One of the most challenging issues facing shallow seismic survey is how to generate large amplitude of high frequency signal with small seismic sources. We tested the performance of the most commonly used shallow seismic source, hammer, with four plates: PE, nylon, aluminum, and steel plates. We compared their signal powers in terms of impulsive forces, accelerations, and ground vibration velocities caused by hammer impacts. According to a previous work, hammer blowing to an aluminum plate would generate the largest amplitude among four combinations. However, it was found in this experimental research that aluminum plate delivers seismic wave energy to the ground less than that generated with steel or PE plate. Even though the amplitude is relatively small, plastic plates could provide seismic pulses of 180 ~ 200 Hz in the bandwidth, and it seems to be very hard to generate seismic energy over the frequency of 250 Hz.
Supported by : 동아대학교
- 김중렬, 김기석, 김유성, 현혜자, 성낙훈, 1994a, 탄성파 발생원개발 및 응용성, 한국자원공학회지, 31, 248-257.
- 김중렬, 김유성, 현혜자, 김기석, 1994b, 천부 지질구조 규명을 위한 P빔 발생원의 응용성, 한국자원공학회지, 31, 407-412.
- Buhnemann, J. and Holliger, K., 1998, Comparison of highfrequency seismic sources at the Grimsel test site, central Alps, Switzerland, Geophysics, 63, 1363-1370. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1444438
- Doll, W. E., Miller, R. D., and Xia, J., 1998, A non-invasive shallow seismic source comparison on the Oak Ridge Reservation, Tennessee, Geophysics, 63, 1318-1331. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1444433
- Hearn, S. J. and Kay, M. H., 1991, Evaluation of P- and S-wave Sources for Shallow Seismic Reflection, Exploration Geophysics, 22, 169-174. https://doi.org/10.1071/EG991169
- Kay, S. M. and Marple, S. L., 1981, Spectrum analysis-A modern perspective, Proc. IEEE, 69, 1380-1419. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1981.12184
- Knapp, R. W. and Steeples, D. W., 1986, High-resolution common-depth-point seismic reflection profiling: Instrumentation, Geophysics, 51, 276-282. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1442087
- Mereu, R. F., Uffen, R. J., and Beck, A. E., 1963, The use of a coupler in the conversion of impact energy into seismic energy, Geophysics, 18, 531-546.
- Miller, R. D., Pullan, S. E., Steeples, D. W., and Hunter, J. A., 1992, Filed comparison of shallow seismic sources near Chino, California, Geophysics, 57, 693-709. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1443283
- Miller, R. D., Pullan, S. E., Steeples, D. W., and Hunter, J. A., 1994, Field comparison of shallow P-wave seismic sources near Houston, Texas. Geophysics, 59, 1713-1728. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1443558
- Miller, R. D., Pullan, S. E., Waldner, J. S., and Haeni, F. P., 1986, Field comparison of shallow seismic sources, Geophysics, 51, 2067-2092. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1442061
- Pullan, S. E. and MacAulay, H. A., 1987, An in-hole shot gun source for engineering seismic surveys, Geophysics, 52, 985-996. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1442367