- Volume 5 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on the Characteristics of Rapid Chilled Converter Slag by Watering
- Lee, Keun-Jae (Tong-Yang R&D Center) ;
- Yoo, Seung-Yeup (Tong-Yang R&D Center) ;
- Koo, Ja-Sul (Tong-Yang R&D Center) ;
- Cho, Bong-Suk (Research Institute of Industrial Science & Technology) ;
- Lee, Hoon-Ha (Research Institute of Industrial Science & Technology)
- Received : 2011.09.01
- Accepted : 2011.10.28
- Published : 2011.12.30
In this study, a physical and chemical properties analysis was conducted for PCSP to evaluate properties of its materials and, for comparison purpose, was also conducted for CSP. The result of experiment confirmed improvement of iron recovery rate due to introduction of rapid water-cooling equipment and greater density of exterior and interior structure through SEM observation and porosity measurement. Also, SEM, XRD and DSC-TGA analysis showed that content of f-CaO in PCSP was minuscule so it was decided that problems of material stability including f-CaO-caused bulging failure, which has been problematic, can be solved.
- Kim, J. M., "Utilization for Concrete of Steel Industry By-Products," Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 54, No.2, February 2010, pp.40-45.
- James S. Reed, "Principles of Ceramics Processing," 1995, pp. 101-105.
- Korea Iron & Steel Association, "Environment of Iron & Steel," Vol. 2, March, 2008, pp.7-9.
- T. Slanika, et al, "DTA Contribution to Study of Hydration Fly ash-Portland Cement Pastes," Thermochim. Acta, Vol. 93, 1985, 601 p. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(85)85151-0
- R. Vedalakshmi, et al, "Quantification of Hydrated Cement Products of Blended Cements in Low and Medium Strength Concrete Using TG and DTA Technique," Thermochimica Acta, Vol, 407, 2003, pp.46-60.
- Kim. J. M, et al, "The Properties of Flow and Compressive Strength of Mortar According to Replacement Ratio of Rapidly- Chilled Steel Slag Fine Aggregate," Journal of Korea Concrete Institute, Vol.17, No.1, February 2005, pp.77-84. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2005.17.1.077
- Koo. S. E, et al, "The Study of Milling Properties for Optimization of Treatment and Recycling of converter Slag," Journal of Korea Society of Environmental Engineers, Vol.22, No.6, 2000, pp.1139-1148.
- Applicability of electric arc furnace oxidising slag aggregates for RC columns subjected to combined bending and axial loads vol.18, pp.sup2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1179/1432891714Z.000000000560