- Volume 22 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Design of Headset MIMO Antenna for On-Body Application
인체부착형 Headset MIMO 안테나 설계
- Kim, Sung-Jin (Department of Electronic & Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Ho (Department of Electronic & Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kwon, Kyeol (Department of Electronic & Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Jae-Hoon (Department of Electronic & Computer Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Published : 2011.12.31
In this paper, a headset multiple-input multiple-output(MIMO) antenna for on-body application is proposed and the antenna performance with body effect and the impact on human body are investigated. The proposed MIMO antenna is composed of two planar inverted-F antennas(PIFA) above ground plane and an isolator located between the two antennas enhance the isolation characteristic. Simulation was carried to analyze the effect of human body on antenna performance when a human body is located in the near field of the antenna. According to the measurement result, the diversity performance of the proposed antenna can be considered good since ECC(Envelope Correlation Coefficient), which commonly indicates the performance of a MIMO antenna, remains below 0.1 over the ISM band. The measured SAR values for antennas 1 and 2 are 0.575 W/kg and 0.571 W/kg, respectively when 250 mW input power in engaged. These values satisfy the FCC guideline which states that the 1-g average SAR should be lower than 1.6 W/kg.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- IEEE 802.11 WLAN WG homepage, http://www.ieee802.org/11
- IEEE 802.15 WPAN WG homepage, http://www.ieee802.org/15
- 최영우, 김유진, 이형수, 김재영, "IT/BT 융합분야에서의 WBAN 개발 동향", 정보통신산업진흥원, IT 기획시리즈, 융합기술 8, pp. 28-35, 2008년 8월.
- H. Jidhage, A. Stieman, "Hooked loop antenna concept for bluetooth headset applications", IEEE Antenna And Propagation Society Symposium, vol. 4, Jun. 2004.
- K. Subramaniam, M. Esa, and A. Subahir, "Compact printed square meander loop antenna for a bluetooth headset", Proceedings of the 2005 Asia Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics(APACE2005), vol. 5, Dec. 2005.
- 윤영중, 이상흔, 김기준, "WBAN 안테나 설계 기술", 한국통신학회지(정보와 통신), 25(2), pp. 32-40, 2008년 2월.
- B. Widrow, S. D. Stearns, Adaptive Signal Processing, Prentice Hall Inc., pp. 302-311, 1985.
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Determining the Peak Spatial-Average Specific Absorption Rate(SAR) in the Human Head from Wireless Communications Devices: Measurement Techniques, IEEE Standard 1528-2003, 2003.
- Human Exposure to Radio Frequency Fields From Hand-Held and Body-Mounted Wireless Communication Devices-Human Models, Instrumentation, and Procedures, Part 1: Procedure to Determine the Specific Absorption Rate(SAR) forHand-Held Devices Used in Close Proximity to the Ear(Frequency Range of 300 MHz to 3 GHz), International Electrotechnical Committee, Geneva, Switzerland, IEC 62209-1, Feb. 2005.
- ANSYS Inc. HFSS(High Frequency Structure Simulator) Ver. 13.
- S. Blanch, J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, "Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description", IEEE Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 9, May 2003.
- R. G. Vaughan, J. B. Anderson, "Antenna diversity in mobile communications", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 149-172, Nov. 1987. https://doi.org/10.1109/T-VT.1987.24115
- The bluetest high performance chamber. [Online]. Available at: http://www.bluetest.se.
- Taga, "Analysis for mean effective gain of mobile antennas in land mobile radio environments", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 117-131, May 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.54228
- Y. Shin, S. Park, "Spatial diversity antenna for WLAN application", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1290-1294, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.22414
- "Evaluating compliance with FCC guidelines for human exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields", FCC, Washington, DC, Tech. Rep. OET Bull. 65 Supp. C, Jun. 2001.