- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Live Electrooptic Imaging Camera for Real-Time Visual Accesses to Electric Waves in GHz Range
- Tsuchiya, Masahiro (National Institute of Information and Communications Technology) ;
- Shiozawa, Takahiro (Dept. of Communication Network Engineering, Kagawa National College of Technology)
- Received : 2011.05.16
- Published : 2011.12.31
Recent progresses in the live electrooptic imaging (LEI) technique are reviewed with emphasis on its functionality of real-time visual accesses to traveling electric waves in the GHz range. Together with the principles, configurations, and procedures for the visual observation experiments by an LEI camera system, the following results are described as examples indicating the wide application ranges of the technique; Ku-band waves on arrayed planar antennas, waves on a Gb/s-class digital circuit, W-band waves traveling both in slab-waveguide modes and aerially, backward-traveling wave along composite right/left-handed transmission line, and, waves in monolithic microwave integrated circuit module case.
- K. Yang, et al., "Electrooptic mapping and finite-element modeling of the near-filed pattern of a microstrip patch antenna," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., vol. 48, pp. 288-293, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.821779
- E. Yamazaki, S. Wakana, H. Park, M. Kishi, and M. Tsuchiya, "High-frequency magneto-optic probe based on BiRIG rotation magnetization," IEICE Trans. Electron., vol. E86-C, pp. 1338-1344, 2003.
- K. Sasagawa, M. Tsuchiya, "Real-time monitoring system of RF near-field distribution images on the basis of 64-channel parallel electro-optic data acquisition," IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 2, pp. 600-606, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1587/elex.2.600
- K. Sasagawa, A. Kanno, T. Kawanishi, and M. Tsuchiya, "Live electro-optic imaging system based on ultra-parallel photonic heterodyne for microwave near- fields," IEEE Transaction of Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 55, pp. 2782-2791, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2007.909889
- M. Tsuchiya, R. Ikeno, "65,536-parallel measurements of phase resolved electric fields in C -K bands and their applications to real-time visualization of RF waves," Proceedings of the 41st European Microwave Conference (EuMC2011), Manchester, EuMC23-4, pp. 41-44, Oct. 2011.
- K. Sasagawa, A. Kanno, and M. Tsuchiya, "Realtime digital signal processing for live electro-optic imaging," Optics Express, vol. 17, issue 18, pp. 15641- 15651, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.17.015641
- M. Tsuchiya, T. Shiozawa, "RF wave visions for circuit analyses and diagnoses by live electrooptic imaging camera," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 2, pp. 341-347, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1759078710000425
- M. Tsuchiya, K. Sasagawa, A. Kanno, and T. Shiozawa, "Live electrooptic imaging of W-band waves," IEEE Transaction of Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 58, issue 11, part 2, pp. 3011-3021, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2010.2076672
- T. Shiozawa, M. Tsuchiya, "Real-time visualization of aerially propagating W-band radio waves," Proceedings of the 41st European Microwave Conference (EuMC2011), Manchester, EuMC03-1, pp. 10-13, Oct. 2011.
- M. Tsuchiya, T. Hashiba, and T. Shiozawa, "Visual observations of characteristic behaviors of RF waves in CRLH-TLs and their applications to dispersion characterization," IEEE Transaction of Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 58, issue 12, part 2, pp. 4094-4101, Dec. 2010.
- M. Tsuchiya, T. Shiozawa, "Visual observation of internal signal transmissions in a millimeter-wave amplifier module," Proceedings of the 40th European Microwave Conference (EuMC2010), Paris, EuMC24-1, pp. 393-396, Sep. 2010.
- Homepage of the live electrooptic imaging technique: http://lei-camera.nict.go.jp/
- C. Caloz, T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, Wiley, pp. 127-132, 2006.