- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Relation between EFTB Test and RF Conductive Immunity Test Using BER and Baseband Signal
- Kuwabara, Nobuo (Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology) ;
- Irie, Yasuhiro (Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology) ;
- Hirasawa, Norihito (Energy and Environment Systems Laboratories, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation(NTT)) ;
- Akiyama, Yoshiharu (Energy and Environment Systems Laboratories, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation(NTT))
- Received : 2011.05.16
- Published : 2011.12.31
High-speed telecommunication systems are influenced by electromagnetic environments because they need a wide bandwidth to transmit signals. Immunity tests of telecommunication equipment are effective for improving its immunity to electromagnetic environments. However, immunity tests are expensive to carry out because there are several different tests. The correlation among the tests should therefore be examined in order to reduce the kinds of tests that are necessary. This paper investigates the correlation between the electrical fast transient/burst (EFTB) test and the radio frequency (RF) conductive immunity test. Imitation equipment was constructed with a balun, and a baseband signal was transmitted from the associated equipment to the imitation equipment. Then, disturbances were applied to the equipment, and the telecommunication quality was evaluated by using the bit error rate (BER). The results from the EFTB test indicated that the BER was less than
- K. Takaya, H. Yoshioka, K. Mokushi, and M. Toyonaga, "Influence of differential configurations of premises cable on the interference immunity of VDSL system," International Symposium on EMC, Kyoto, 22R2-4, pp. 369-372, Jul. 2009.
- N. Nakamura, R. Kobayashi, "Immunity test of IP devices against repetitive impulsive noise," International Symposium on EMC, Kyoto, 21P3-2, pp. 129- 132, Jul. 2009.
- K. Takagi, H. Tanaka, A. Kuriyama, and S. Shinohara, "Electromagnetic disturbances protection for telecommunications terminal equipment," NTT Review, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 49-52, May 1993.
- F. Amemiya, K. Takagi, N. Kuwabara, S. Hamada, and Y. Iwamoto, "Developing common-mode choke coil with high-permeability core used high-speed telecommunication port for UTP cable," IEEE International Symposium on EMC, Minneapolis, pp. 314-319, Aug. 2002.
- IEC/CISPR Publication 24, "Information technology equipment - Immunity characteristics - Limits and methods of measurement," Sep. 1997.
- ITU-T K.43, "Immunity requirements for telecommunication equipment," May 1998.
- IEC61000-4-4, "Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 4: Testing and measurement techniques - Section 4: Electrical fast transient / burst immunity test - Basic EMC Publication," 1995.
- IEC61000-4-5, "Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 4: Testing and measurement techniques - Section 5: Surge immunity tests - Basic EMC Publication," 1995.
- IEC61000-4-6, "Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 4: Testing and measurement techniques - Section 6: Immunity to conducted disturbances, induced by radio-frequency fields," 1996.
- IEC/CISPR Publication 16-1-2 Edition 1.2, "Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and method - Part 1-2: Radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus - Ancillary equipment - Conducted disturbances," Aug. 2006.
- R. Kobayashi, Y. Hiroshima, H. Ito, H. Furuya, M. Hattori, and Y. Tada, "A novel non-contact capacitive probe for common-mode voltage measurement," IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E90-B, no. 6, pp. 1329-1337, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e90-b.6.1329
- ITU-T G. 117, "Transmission aspects of unbalance about earth," Feb. 1996.
- N. Oka, A. Konemori, Y Sakai, H. Fukushima, M. Kato, and S. Nitta, "Radiated emission from PLC and electrical unbalance of an artificial power distribution line," International Symposium on EMC, Sendai, 4C3-2, pp. 841-844, Jun. 2004.