- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Outage Analysis of Cooperative Transmission in Two-Dimensional Random Networks over Rayleigh Fading Channels
- Tran, Trung Duy (Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Kong, Hyung-Yun (Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.11.02
- Published : 2011.12.31
In this paper, we evaluate the outage performance of cooperative transmission in two-dimensional random networks. Firstly, we derive the joint distributions of the source-relay and the relay-destination links. Secondly, the outage probability for the decode-and-forward relaying system is derived when selection combining (SC) is employed at the destination. Finally, we calculate the average outage probability of the system and then attempt to express it by a simple approximate expression. The simulation results are presented to verify the accuracy of the derivations. Similar to deterministic networks, the cooperative transmission in random networks outperforms direct transmission at a high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR).
Cooperative Communication;Uniform Distribution;Selection Combining;Rayleigh Fading Channels;Outage Probability
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, "Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: efficient protocols and outage behavior," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062-3080, Dec. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2004.838089
- J. N. Laneman, G. W. Wornell, "Distributed spacetime- coded protocols for exploiting cooperative diversity in wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2415-2425, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2003.817829
- T. E. Hunter, A. Nosratinia, "Diversity through coded cooperation," IEEE Trans. on Wire. Commun., vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 283-289, Feb. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2006.1611050
- A. Stefanov, E. Erkip, "Cooperative coding for wireless networks," IEEE Trans. on Commun., vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 1470-1476, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2004.833070
- A. Bletsas, A. Khisti, D. P. Reed, and A. Lippman, "A simple cooperative diversity method based on network path selection," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 659-672, Mar. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.862417
- L. E. Miller, "Distribution of link distances in a wireless network," NIST J. of Research, vol. 106, pp. 401-412, Mar.-Apr. 2001. https://doi.org/10.6028/jres.106.017
- B. Ghosh, "Random distances within a rectangle and between two rectangles," Bulletin Calcutta Math Soc., vol. 43, pp. 17-24, 1951.
- L. E. Miller, "Joint distribution of link distances," 2003 Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Johns Hopkins University, Mar. 2003.
- C. -C. Tseng, K. -C. Chen, "Layerless design of a power- efficient clustering algorithm for wireless ad hoc networks under fading," Journal of Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 3-26, Jan. 2008.
- T. T. Duy, B. An, and H. -Y. Kong, "A novel cooperative- aided transmission in multi-hop wireless networks," IEICE Trans. on Commun., vol. E93.B, no. 3, pp. 716-720, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1587/transcom.E93.B.716
- PER Analysis for Cooperative Multi-Hop Transmission Protocol over Nakagami-m Fading Channels vol.12, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2012.12.3.189