- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Using Subspace Pursuit Algorithm to Improve Performance of the Distributed Compressive Wide-Band Spectrum Sensing
- Le, Thanh Tan (School of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Kong, Hyung-Yun (School of Electrical Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.07.19
- Published : 2011.12.31
This paper applies a compressed algorithm to improve the spectrum sensing performance of cognitive radio technology. At the fusion center, the recovery error in the analog to information converter (AIC) when reconstructing the transmit signal from the received time-discrete signal causes degradation of the detection performance. Therefore, we propose a subspace pursuit (SP) algorithm to reduce the recovery error and thereby enhance the detection performance. In this study, we employ a wide-band, low SNR, distributed compressed sensing regime to analyze and evaluate the proposed approach. Simulations are provided to demonstrate the performance of the proposed algorithm.
Wide-Band Spectrum Sensing;Subspace Pursuit Algorithm;Cognitive Radio;Compressed Sensing;Power Spectrum Density Estimate
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- "Proc. 1st IEEE Int'l. Symp. New frontiers in dynamic spectrum access networks," Nov. 2005.
- J. A. Tropp, A. C. Gilbert, "Signal recovery from random measurements via orthogonal matching pursuit," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, pp. 4655-4666, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2007.909108
- D. L. Donoho, "Compressed sensing," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, pp. 1289-1306, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2006.871582
- T. Zhi, G. B. Giannakis, "Compressed sensing for wideband cognitive radios," in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. IV-1357-IV-1360, 2007.
- Y. L. Polo, et al., "Compressive wide-band spectrum sensing," in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 2337-2340, 2009.
- S. Kirolos, et al., "Practical issues in implementing analog-to-information converters," in The 6th International Workshop on System-on-Chip for Real-Time Applications, pp. 141-146, 2006.
- S. Kirolos, et al., "Analog-to-information conversion via random demodulation," in IEEE Dallas Circuits and Systems Workshop (DCAS), Dallas, Texas, 2006.
- J. N. Laska, et al., "Theory and implementation of an analog-to-information converter using random demodulation," in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1959-1962, 2007.
- W. Ying, et al., "Distributed compressive wide-band spectrum sensing," in Information Theory and Applications Workshop, pp. 178-183, 2009.
- M. F. Duarte, et al., "Distributed compressed sensing of jointly sparse signals," in Conference Record of the Thirty-Ninth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 1537-1541, 2005.
- D. Needell, J. A. Tropp, "CoSaMP: Iterative signal recovery from incomplete and inaccurate samples," Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, vol. 26, pp. 301-321, 2008.
- E. C. a. J. Romberg, "Sparsity and incoherence in compressive sampling," Inverse Problems, vol. 23, no, 3, pp. 969-985, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1088/0266-5611/23/3/008
- E. J. Candès, "The restricted isometry property and its implications for compressed sensing," Compte Rendus de l'Academie des Sciences, vol. serie I, pp. 589-592, 2008.
- Z. Tian, G. B. Giannakis, "A wavelet approach to wideband spectrum sensing for cognitive radios," in 1st International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications, pp. 1-5, 2006.
- S. Mallat, W. L. Hwang, "Singularity detection and processing with wavelets," Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 38, pp. 617-643, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.119727
- D. Wei, O. Milenkovic, "Subspace pursuit for compressive sensing signal reconstruction," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 55, pp. 2230-2249, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2009.2016006
- E. J. Candes, T. Tao, "Decoding by linear programming," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 51, pp. 4203-4215, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2005.858979
- H. L. Van Trees, Detection, Estimation, and Modulation Theory. Part 1, Detection, Estimation, and Linear Modulation Theory, New York: Wiley, 2001.
- I. S. Gradshteyn, et al., Table of Integrals, Series and Products, 7th Ed. Amsterdam ; Boston: Elsevier, 2007.
- R. Chartrand, Y. Wotao, "Iteratively reweighted algorithms for compressive sensing," in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 3869-3872, 2008.
- D. Needell, et al., "Greedy signal recovery review," in Signals, Systems and Computers, 2008 42nd Asilomar Conference on, pp. 1048-1050, 2008.