- Volume 20 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Environmental Class with Animistic Viewpoint on Elementary Students' Environmental Awareness
물활론적 관점의 환경수업이 초등학생들의 환경인식에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Soon-Shik (Pusan National University of Education)
- 김순식 (부산교육대학교)
- Received : 2011.10.10
- Accepted : 2011.12.10
- Published : 2011.12.31
The aim of this study is to clarify what influence has on elementary school children's environmental awareness in time of teaching environmental problems from an animistic viewpoint and from non-animistic viewpoint. For this purpose, this study carried out its research targeting 126 students in fourth grade at M elementary school located in U Metropolitan City. This study suggested the environmental problems by re-edifying the already suggested environmental problems from an animistic viewpoint to 62 students for two classes which were classified as an experimental group after sampling 10 cases of the representative environmental problems that might derive from the earth system, and conducted the class on 10 main topics relevant to the problematic situation of environment with an animistic viewpoint excluded targeting the remaining 64 students forming a comparison group. The results of this study were as follows: First, there appeared an ex-ante ex-post statistically significant difference in the awareness of environmental problems from the experimental group which received an environmental class from an animistic viewpoint. However, there didn't appear a statistically significant difference from the comparison group. This study interprets this result to mean that elementary students' awareness of environmental problems increase because they think about the environmental problems by associating them with a problem of life when the students receive the environmental class from an animistic viewpoint. Second, there appeared an ex-ante ex-post statistically significant difference in the awareness of environmental problems from the experimental group which received an environmental class from an animistic viewpoint. However, there didn't appear a statistically significant difference from the comparison group. Regarding this aspect, this study believes that the experimental group shows much higher willingness to environmental act in comparison with the comparison group because elementary school students think of inanimate objects as living things.
Animistic viewpoint;Environmental problem;Elementary school students;Environmental awareness
- 고윤주, 1987, 아동의 물활론적 사고와 생명 개념에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 연세대학교.
- 교육부, 1998, 초등학교 교육과정 해설(I)-총론, 재량활동, 대한교과서주식회사.
- 국회사무처, 1997, 환경교육의 현황과 향후 방향, 국회사무처.
- 김경순, 2001, 충북지역 중.고등학생들의 환경에 대한 감수성 및 태도와 환경친화적 행동의 관련성, 석사학위논문, 충북대학교.
- 김용권, 2008, 기후변화 대응을 위한 학교환경교육 프로그램 개발에 대한 연구, 기후변화대응관련대학(원)생 논문공모, 에너지관리공단.
- 선미정, 2003, 박생광의 1980년대 회화에 나타난 샤머니즘적 특성에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 홍익대학교 .
- 윤복희, 1985, 유아의 생물.무생물 개념 발달에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 이화여자대학교.
- 최석신, 김인호, 남효창, 박선미, 심현민, 이소영, 2001, 체험환경교육의 이론과 실제, (사)한국환경교육학회 연구보고서.
- 환경처, 1991, 사람과 환경, 서울, 일지사.
- Brown, L. B., Thouless, R. H., 1965, Animistic thought in civilized adults. Journal of Gentic Psychology, 107, 33-42. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221325.1965.10532760
- Dolgin, Kim, G., Behrend, D. A., 1984, Children's knowledge about animates and inanimates, Child Development, 55, 1646-1650. https://doi.org/10.2307/1130034
- Piaget, J., 1929, The child's conception of the world. N.J., Totowa: Little field, Adams & Co.
- Richards, D. D, Siegler, R. S., 1984, The effects of task requirements on children's life judgements. Child Development, 55, 1687-1696. https://doi.org/10.2307/1129916