- Volume 20 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Massive Blooms of Gonyaulax polygramma (Gonyaulacales, Dinophyceae) in the Southern Coastal Areas of Korea in Summer, 2009
2009년 남해안 전역에 발생된 고니아룩스 적조에 관한 연구
- Cho, Eun-Seob (Fishery and Ocean Information Division, NFRDI)
- Received : 2011.10.07
- Accepted : 2011.12.06
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study was carried out to determine the characteristics of the marine environment, including nutritional content, in order to clearly understand the outbreaks of Gonyaulax polygramma in the southern coastal areas in August, 2009. Samples were collected at 13 sites and water temperature and salinity were measured using a CTD. Field surveys were twice: the first between August 5-7, the second between August 22-24. The cell density of G. polygramma was 6,500-10,000 cells
Gonyaulax polygramma;Red tide;Stratification;DIN;Salinity;Irradiation
Supported by : National Fisheries Research and Development Institute
- Anderson, D. M., 1994, Red tides, Scientific America, 271, 52-58.
- Cho, E. S., 2005, First report on Gonyaulax polygramma (Gonyaulacales, Dinophyceae) blooms in the Yeosu waters of the South Sea of Korea, J. Environ. Sci., 14, 639-647. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2005.14.7.639
- Cho, E. S., 2009, Compared of temporal and spatial sea water quality in the southern coasts of Korea, J. Environ. Sci., 18, 141-151. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.2.141
- Cho, E. S., 2010, A comparative study on outbreak and non-outbreak of Cochlodinium polykrikoides Margalef in South Sea of Korea in 2007-2009, J. Kor. Soc. Mar. Environ. Safety, 16, 31-41.
- Choi, Y. K., Cho, E. S., Lee, Y. H., Lee, Y. S., 2005. Distributions of temperature and salinity in relation to ebb, turn of tide and flood of the Bottol Bada in July, 2004, J. Environ. Sci., 14, 167-175. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2005.14.2.167
- Hallegraeff, G. M., 1993, A review of harmful algal blooms and their apparent global increase, Phycologia, 32, 79-99. https://doi.org/10.2216/i0031-8884-32-2-79.1
- Hallegraeff, G. M., 1995, Harmful Algal blooms: A global overview, in: Hallegraeff, G. M., Anderson, D. M., Cembella, A. D. (eds.), Manual on harmful marine microalgae, UNESCO, Paris, 1-22.
- Koizumi, Y., Kohno, J., Matsuyama, N., Uchida, T., Honjo, T., 1996, Environmental features and the mass mortality of fish and shellfish during the Gonyaulax polygramma red tide occurred in the around Uwajima Bay, Japan, in 1994, Nip. Suisan Gakkashima, 62, 217-224. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.62.217
- Lee, M. O., Kim, J. K., 2008, Characteristics of algal blooms in the southern coastal waters of Korea, Mar. Environ. Res., 65, 128-147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marenvres.2007.09.006
- Moestrup, O., Hansen, P. J., 1988, On the occurrence of the potentially toxic dinoflagellates Alexandrium tamarense and A. ostenfeldii in Danish and Faroese waters, Ophelia, 28, 195-213. https://doi.org/10.1080/00785326.1988.10430813
- Shimpson, J. H., Bowers, D., 1981, Models of stratification and frontal movement in shelf seas, Deep-sea Research, 28, 727-738. https://doi.org/10.1016/0198-0149(81)90132-1
- Steidinger, K. A., Tangen, K., 1996. Dinoflagellates, in: Tomas, C. R. (ed.), Identifying marine diatoms and dinoflagellates, Academic Press, New York, 387-598.