- Volume 60 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Operation Characteristics of Hybrid Superconductor Fault Current Limiter(SFCL) with First Half Cycle Non-Limiting Operation
반주기 이후 하이브리드 초전도 전류제한기의 동작 특성 분석
- Received : 2010.07.08
- Accepted : 2011.01.04
- Published : 2011.02.01
Due to large demand, the increase of fault current has caused the capacity of power machines in power grid to increase. Among several countermeasures, the superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL) has been noticed as one of the promising countermeasures to solve these problems. However, in spite of excellent current limiting performances of the SFCL, the application of SFCL to power system has been delayed due to both the limited space for the SFCL's installation and its longer recovery time after the fault removal. In order to solve these problems, a hybrid type SFCL was developed. In this paper, we studied the operation characteristics of the hybrid SFCL with first half cycle non-limiting operation by modelling using PSCAD/EMTDC and experiment. It was shown through the simulation using PSCAD/EMTDC and the simulated experiment that the fault current limiting and the fast recovery operations of the hybrid SFCL with the first half cycle non-limiting operation were achieved.
Superconducting fault current limiter;Hybrid;After half cycle;Recovery;PSCAD/EMTDC
- 김진석, "배전변전소에 대용량 변압기 설치시 초전도 전류제한기 적용방안 연구", 숭실대학교 일반대학원
- 조승식, "최신 배전시스템 공학," 북스힐, pp. 396-469, 2006.
- 김준환, 이강완, "전력계통 고장전류 증대와 대응방안," 전기저널, pp. 19-31, 1998.
- O. B. Hyun, H. R. Kim, Y. S. Yim, J. Sim, K. B. Park, I. S. Oh, "Domestic Efforts for SFCL Application and Hybrid SFCL", Progress, Supercond., Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 60-67, Oct. 2008.
- H. Kameda, and H. Taniguchi, "Setting Mothod of Specific Parameter of a Superconducting Fault Current Limiter Considering the Operation of Power System Protcetion", IEEE Trans. Appl Superconduct., Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1355-1360, June. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/77.783554
- S. H. Lim, "Operational Characteristics of Flux-Lock Type SFCL With Series Connection of Two Coils", IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 1895-1898, June. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2007.899869
- I. K. You, J. S. Kim, M. H. Kim, S. H. Lim, J. F. Moon, J. C. Kim, "Current Limiting Characteristics due to Location of Superconducting Fault Current Limiter in Power Distribution System", KIIEE Spring Annual Conference 2009.
- I. SHIMIZU, Y. NAITO, I. YAMAGUCHI, K. KAIHO, S. YANABU, "Application Study of a High-Temperature Superconducting Fault Current Limiter for Electric Power System", Electrical Engineering in Japan, Vol. 155, No. 4, pp. 20-29, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/eej.20265
- B. W. Lee, K. B. Park, J. Sim,I. S. Oh, H. G. Lee, H. R. Kim, and O. B. Hyun, "Design and Experiments of Novel Hybrid Type Superconducting Fault Current Limiters", IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 624-627, June. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2008.920785
- O. B. Hyun, K. B. Park, J. W. Sim, H. R. Kim, S. W. Yim, and I. S. Oh, "Introduction of a Hybrid SFCL in KEPCO Grid and Local Points at Issue", IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1946-1949, June. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2018256
- H. R. Kim, S. W. Yim, O. B. Hyun, J. Sim, and S. Y. Oh, "Analysis on recovery characteristics of superconducting fault current limiters", MT-20 Confernce on Magnet Technology.
- O. B. Hyun, J. W. Sim, h. R. Kim, K. B. Park, S. W. Yim, and I. S. Oh, "Reliability Enhancement of the Fast Switch in a Hybrid Superconducting Fault Current Limiter by Using Power Electronic Switches", IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1843-1846, June. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2018369
Supported by : 기초전력연구원