- Volume 6 Issue 1
This paper presents a new modified Contract Net Protocol (CNP) for microgrid operation based on multiagent system. The CNP is a widely used protocol for interactions among distributed problem solving. The Contract Net Interaction Protocol of the Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents (FIPA-CNIP) is a minor modification of the original CNP for multiagent system applications. In this paper, a modified CNP (MCNP) based on the FIPA-CNIP is proposed for more specialized interactions among agents for microgrid operation. A multiagent system is designed and constructed for microgrid operation. A microgrid operation based on the multiagent system is tested to check the functionality of the proposed MCNP.
Microgrid;Multiagent system;A modified contract net protocol (MCNP);Agent-based microgrid operation
- W. Shen and D. H. Norrie, "An Agent-Based Approach for Dynamic Manufacturing Scheduling," In Workshop Notes of the Agent-Based Manufacturing at Autonomous Agents '98, pp. 1-12, 1998.
- N. Hatziargyriou, H. Asano, H. R. Iravani, and C. Marnay, "Microgrids," IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 78-94, July-Aug., 2007.
- M. Barnes, J. Kondoh, H. Asano, J. Oyarzabal, G. Ventakaramanan, R. Lasseter, N. Hatziargyriou, and T. Green, "Real-Word MicroGrids-An Overview," 2007 International Conference of System of Systems Engineering, pp. 1-8, 2007.
- S. D. J. McArthur, S. M. Strachan, and Gordon Jahn, "The Design of a Multi-agent Transformer Condition Monitoring System," IEEE Trans. on Power System, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 1845-1852, Nov., 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2004.835667
- J. M. Solanki, S. Khushalani, and N. N. Schulz, "A Multi-agent Solution to Distribution Systems Restoration," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 1026-1034, Aug., 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2007.901280
- M. E. Baran and I. M. El-Markabi, "A Multiagentbased Dispatching Scheme for Distributed Generators for Voltage Support on Distribution Feeders," IEEE Trans. on Power System, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 52-59, Feb., 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.889140
- A. L. Dimeas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, "Operation of a Multiagent System for Microgrid Control," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 20, N0. 3, pp. 1447-1455, Aug., 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.852060
- H.-M. Kim and T. Kinoshita, "A Multiagent System for Microgrid Operation in the Grid-interconnected Mode," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 246-254, June, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.2.246
- H.-M. Kim, T. Kinoshita, Y. Lim, and T.-H. Kim, "Bankruptcy Problem Approach to Load-shedding in Multiagent-based Microgrid Operation", Sensors, Vol. 10, Issue 10, pp. 8888-8898, Oct., 2010. https://doi.org/10.3390/s101008888
- M. Wooldridge, An Introduction to Multiagent System, 2nd Edition, A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, Publication, 2009.
- R. G. Smith, "The Contract Net Protocol: High-level Communication and Control in a Distributed Problem Solver," IEEE Trans. on Computer, Vol. C-29, No. 12, pp. 1104-1113, Dec., 1980. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.1980.1675516
- J. S. K. Lau, G. Q. Huang, K. L. Mak, and L. Liang, "Agent-based Modeling of Supply Chains for Distributed Scheduling," IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 36, N0. 5, pp. 847-861, Sep., 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCA.2005.854231
- J.-H. Li, "MAS-Based Negotiation Mechanism for Ship Multi-project Scheduling," Proc. of the Eighth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Bading, pp. 1-5, July, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICMLC.2009.5212288
- FIPA Contract Net Interaction Protocol Specification [Online]. Available: http://www.fipa.org/specs/fipa00029/ SC00029H.html.
- F. Katiraei, R. Iravani, N. Hatziargyriou, and A. Dimeas, "Microgrids Management-Controls and Operation Aspects of Microgrids", IEEE Power Energy, Vol. 6, Issue 3, pp. 54-65, May-June, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MPE.2008.918702
- G. Weiss (Ed.), Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence, The MIT press, 1999.
- G. B. Sheble, "Real-time Economic Dispatch and Reserve Allocation Using Merit Order Loading and Linear Programming Rules," IEEE Trans. On Power Systems, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1414-1420, Oct., 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.41692
- T. Kinoshita (Ed.), Building Agent-based Systems, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), Japan, 2001. (in Japanese)
- T. Kinoshita and K. Sugawara, "ADIPS Framework for Flexible Distributed Systems," T. Ishide (ed.), Multiagent Platforms, LNAI 1599, pp. 18-32, 1998.
- T. Uchiya, T. Maemura, L. Xiaolu, and T. Kinoshita, "Design and Implementation of Interactive Design Environment of Agent System," Proc. of 20th Int. Conf. Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA/AIE 2007), LNAI 4570, AAAI/ACM, pp. 1088-1097, 2007.
- IDEA/DASH Tutorial [Online]. Available: http:// www.ka.riec.tohoku. ac.jp/idea/index.html.
- Linear Programming based Optimal Scheduling for Grid-connected Microgrid vol.60, pp.8, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.8.1622
- Cooperation Protocol Design Method for Repository-Based Multi-Agent Applications vol.5, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4018/ijssci.2013040101
- Optimal Microgrid Operation Considering Fuel Cell and Combined Heat and Power Generation vol.62, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.596
- Designing an Energy Storage System Fuzzy PID Controller for Microgrid Islanded Operation vol.4, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3390/en4091443
- Traffic Rerouting Strategy against Jamming Attacks in WSNs for Microgrid vol.8, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/234029
- An optimal purchase and sale power model considering microgrids vol.25, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1002/etep.1839
- A Novel Frequency Tracker for Islanded-Mode Operation in Microgrid vol.60, pp.7, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.7.1331
- A Multi-Agent System-Based Approach for Optimal Operation of Building Microgrids with Rooftop Greenhouse vol.11, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11071876