- Volume 12 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Impact on Job Satisfaction to Job Stress of Physician Assistant Nurses
Physician Assistant(PA)간호사의 직무스트레스가 직무만족도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2011.09.30
- Accepted : 2011.11.10
- Published : 2011.11.30
This study aims to investigate the factors influencing job satisfaction to job stress of physician assistant(PA) nurses. This research design was a descriptive study. The subjects in this study were 104 PA nurses. Data were collected from September 1, 2010 to January 10, 2011, and analyzed by SPSS PASW statistics 18.0 program. The mean score of men on the job stress was 43.47(
Physician assistant;Nurses;Job stress;Job satisfaction
- Y. H. Oh, "Forecasting the supply and demand for medical assistant specialities and management policy implications, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2006.
- OECD, "Health at a glance: OECD indicators - 2005 edition summary in Korean", 2005.
- J. Kroenberger, L. S. Durham, and D. Woodson, "Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' comprehensive medical assisting", Lippincott Williams & Wilkins /Walters Kluwer Health Inc., USA, 2008.
- S. S. Kim, W. H. Kwak, S. M. Moon, and Y. H. Sung, "Development of a role model for physician assistant in Korea, Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 12(1), pp 67-80, 2006.
- B. N. Leem, "A study of system & role establishment of the clinical nurse", Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, 2003.
- D. Condit, "Opportunities- and challenges- in the surgical subspecialities", Journal of American Association Physician Assistant, Vol. 15, pp 40-42, 2002.
- C. L. Roy, C. L. Liang, and M. Lund, "Implementation of a physician assistant/hospitalist service in an academic medical center : impact on efficiency and patient outcomes", Journal of Hospital Medicine, Vol. 3(5), pp 361-368, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/jhm.352
- R. S. Hooker, R. Potts, and W. Ray, "Patient satisfaction: comparing physician assistant, nurse practitioners, and physicians. The Permanente Journal, Vol. 1(1), pp 38-42, 1997.
- K. F. Shebesta, B. Cook, and L. Schweer, "Pediatric trauma nurse practitioners increase bedside nurse' satisfaction with pediatric trauma patient care", Journal of Trauma Nursing, Vol.. 13(2), pp 66-69, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/00043860-200604000-00008
- S. J. Jang,, D. M. Gang, and M. G. Gang, et al., " Standardization of job stress measurement scale for Korean employees(The 2nd year project)", Occupational Safety & Health Research Institute, 2004.
- P. Krueger, K Brazil, L. Lohfeld, H. G. Edward, D. Lewis, and E. Tjam, Organization specific predictors of job satisfaction: findings from a Canadian multi-site quality of work life cross-sectional survey", BMC Health Serve Research, Vol. 2, pp 22-26, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-2-22
- J. C. Ma, P. H. Lee, Y. C. Yang, and W. Y. Chang, "Predicting factors related to nurses' intention to leave, job satisfaction and perception of quality of care in acute care hospitals", Nursing Economics, Vol. 27(3), pp 178-184, 2009.
- S. E. Holmes, and C. E. Fasser, "Occupational stress among physician assistants", Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Vol. 6(3), pp 172-178, 1993.
- Y. G. Shin, "Management of human respect", Dasan publisher, Seoul, 1997.
- C. M. Liu, C. W. Chien, P. Chou, J. H. Liu, V. T. K. Chen,, J. Wei, Y. Y. Kuo, and H. C. Lang, "An analysis of job satisfaction among physician assistants in Taiwan, Health Policy, Vol. 73, pp. 66-77, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthpol.2004.10.004
- E. G. Lambert, N. L. Hogan, and M. L. Griffin, "The impact of distributive and procedural justice on correctional staff job Stress, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment. Journal of Criminal Justice, Vol. 35(6), pp. 644-656, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrimjus.2007.09.001
- H. G. Kim, and H. K. Nam, "Job stress and job satisfaction of worker's compensation case managers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 18(2), pp. 262-269.
- S. W. Hong, D. C. Uhm, and M. H. Jun, "Job stress and work-related musculoskeletal symptoms of 119 emergency medical technicians", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol.19(2), pp. 223-235, 2010.
- H. C. Kim, "The relationship between job stress and psychosocial stress among nurses at a university hospital", Unpublished master's thesis, Chonbuk National University, 2006.
- K. S. Yoon, "Factors affecting the turnover intention of Nurses", Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, 2010, Daejeon.
- M. O. Oh, M. H. Sung, and Y. W. Kim, "Job stress, job satisfaction and commitment to organization in emergency department nurses", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 17(2), pp. 215-227, 2011.
- K. M. Lee, "Study on relationship of work stress, fatigue, and job satisfaction of emergency room nurses", Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, 2003, Gwangju.
- Y. J. Kim, "Relationship between work stress and job satisfaction : A case study of operating room nurses", Unpublished master's thesis, Soonchunhyang University, 2010, Cheonan.
- H. S. Jang, "Effect of Communication Satisfaction in Relationship between Job Stress and Job Satisfaction among Nurses in Hospitals", Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju National University, 2009, Kongju.
- J. R. Seo, "Wound ostomy continence nurse's role conflict and job satisfaction", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womens University, 2011, Seoul.
- S. H. Yoon, S. J. Choi, D. H. Shin, I. S. Chung, and J. S. Ha, "Job Stressors in Subway Workers and Firemen", The Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 9(3), pp 179-186.
- C. Maslach, and S. E. Jackson, "The measurement of experienced burnout". Journal of Occupational Behavior, Vol. 2, pp. 99-113, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030020205
- S. P. Glowinkowski, and C. L. Cooper, "Current issues in organizational stress research", Bulletin of the British Psychological Society, Vol. 38, pp. 212-216, 1985.
- Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction, Organizational Attachment and Job Leaving Attitude of General Hospital Employees by Job Category vol.13, pp.8, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.8.3586