- Volume 45 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Personalized Search System Based on Subject Classification
주제분류 기반의 개인화 검색시스템에 관한 연구
- Received : 2011.10.01
- Accepted : 2011.11.17
- Published : 2011.11.30
The purpose of this study is to design, implement and evaluate a personalized search system using gathered information on users to provide more accurate search results. For this purpose, a hybrid-based user profile is constructed by using subject classification. In order to evaluate the performance of the proposed system, experts directly measured and evaluated MRR, MAP and usability by using the Korean journal articles of science and technology DB. Its performance was better than the general search system in the area of "Computer Science" and "Library and Information Science". Especially better results were shown when tested on ambiguous keywords. Evaluation through in-depth interviews proved that the proposed personalized search system was more efficient in looking up and obtaining information. In addition, the proposed personalized search system provided a variety of recommendation systems which proved helpful in navigating for new information. High user satisfaction ratings on the proposed personalized search system were another proof of its usefulness. In this study, we were able to prove through expert evaluation that the proposed personalized search system was more efficient in information retrieval.
Subject Classification;Personalized Search System;User Profile;Personalization
- 김경중, 조성배. 2001. 퍼지 개념 네트워크를 이용한 개인화된 링크기반 검색엔진의 개발. 정보과학회논문지, 7(3): 211-219.(Kim, Kyung-Joog, & Cho, Sung-Bae. 2001. "Development of a personalized link-based search engine using fuzzy concept network." Journal of KISS: computing practices, 7(3): 211-219.)
- 김광영, 심강섭, 곽승진. 2009. 분류와 이용자 키워드 정보에 기반한 개인화 시스템, 한국문헌정보학회지, 43(3): 163-180.(Kim, Kwang-Young, Shim, Kang-Seop, & Kwak, Seung-Jin. 2009. "A personalized retrieval system based on classification and user query." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 43(3): 163-180.) https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2009.43.3.163
- 문현전, 이수진, 김영지, 우용태. 2007. 도메인 온톨로지를 이용한 개인화된 개념기반 검색 기법. 한국전자거래학회지, 12(3): 269-280.(Mun, Hyeon Jeong, Lee, Soo Jin, Kim, Young Ji, & Woo, Yong Tae. 2007. "A personalized concept-based retrieval technique using domain ontology." The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 12(3): 269-280.)
- 박건우, 이상훈. 2008. 질의어 패턴 자동분석을 통한 커뮤니티 기반 개인화 검색. 정보과학회논문지, 36(4): 321-326.(Park, Gun Woo, & Lee, Sang Hoon. 2008. "Personalized search based on community through automatic analysis of query patterns." Journal of KISS: Databases, 36(4): 321-326.)
- 윤기상, 윤광호, 김재광, 이지형. 2009. 태그를 이용한 개인화 검색 시스템. 한국정보과학회 학술발표대회, 320-324.(Yoon, Ki Sang, Yoon, Kwang Ho, Kim, Jae Kwang, and Lee, Jee Hyong. 2009. "Personalized web search system using tag." Proceeding of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, 36(2): 320-324.)
- 윤홍준, 노준호, 김한준, 이병정, 강수용, 장재영. 2010. 개념 네트워크 기반 개인화 검색 시스템의 설계 및 구현. 한국인터넷정보학회 학술발표대회, 147-152.(Yune, Hong June, Noh, Joo Ho, Kim, Han-Joon, & Lee, Byung-Jeong. 2010. "Design and implementation of concept network-based personalized search systems." Proceeding of Korean Society for Internet Information, 6: 147-152.)
- 이성직, 김한준, 이병정, 강수용. 2009. 개인화 웹검색을 위한 개념 네트워크 기반 이용자 프로파일 구성 기법. 한국정보과학회 학술대회, 203-208.(Lee, Sung Jick, Kim, Han-Joon, Lee, Byung-Jeong, & Kang Soo Yong. 2009. "Concept network-based user profile construction for personalized web search." Proceeding of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, 203-208.)
- 허정, 서희철, 장명길. 2006. 상호정보량과 복합명사 의미사전에 기반한 동음이의어 중의성 해소. 정보과학회논문지, 33(12): 1073-1088.(Heo, Jeong, Seo, Hee-Chel, and Jang, Myung-Gil. 2006. "Homonym disambiguation based on mutual information and sense-tagged compound noun dictionary." Journal of KISS: Software and Application , 33(12): 1073-1088.)
- 허정, 옥철영, 2000. 사전의 뜻풀이말에서 추출한 의미정보에 기반한 동형이의어 중의성 해결 시스템. 정보과학회논문지, 28(9): 688-698.(Heo, Jeong, & Ock, Cheol-Young. 2000. "A homonym disambiguation system based on semantic information extracted from dictionary definitions." Journal of KISS: Software and Application, 28(9): 688-698.)
- Carmel, David, Zwerdling, Naama, Guy, Ido, Ofek-Koifman, Shila, Harel, Nadav, Rone, Inbal, Uziel, Erel, Yogev, Siva, & Chernov, Sergey. 2009. "Personalized social search base on the user's social network." In Proceeding of CIKM'09, 1227-1236.
- Chaffee, J., & Gauch, S. 2000. "Personal ontologies for web navigation." In Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Information Knowledge Management, 227-234.
- Chen, C., Chen, M., & Sun, Y. 2002. "PVA: A self-adaptive Personaled View Agent." Journal of Intelligent Information System, 173-194.
- Chirita, P. A., Nejdl, W., Paiu, R., & Kohlschutter, C. 2005. "Using ODP metadata to personalize search." Proceedings of the 28th Annual International ACMSIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, SIGIR, 178-185.
- Daoud, Mariam, Tamine-Lechani, Lynda, & Boughanem, Mohand. 2009. "A session based personalized search using an ontological user profile." In Proceedings of the 2009 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, 1732-1736.
- Glover, E. J., et a1. 2000. "Web Search - Your Way." Communications of the ACM, 44(12): 97-102.
- Haase, P., Hotho, A., Schmidt-Thieme, L., & Sure, Y. 2005. "Collaborative and usage-driven evolution of personalized ontologies." In Proceeding of 2th European Semantic Web Conference, 486-599.
- Jeh, G., & Widom, J. 2003. "Scaling personalized web search." Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on World Wide Web, 271-279.
- Jiang, Xing, & Tan, Ah-Hwee. 2009. "Learning and inferencing in user ontology for personalized Semantic Web search." Information Sciences, 179(16): 2794-2808. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2009.04.005
- Liu, F., & Yu, C. 2004. "Personalized web search for improving retrieval effectiveness." IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 28-40.
- Lincoln, Yvonna S., & Guba, Egon G. 1985. Naturalistic Inquiry. Beverly Hills, Calif.: Sage.
- Middletion, S. E., Shadbolt, N. R., & De Roure, D. C. 2003. "Capturing interest through inference and visualization: Ontological user profiling in recommender system." International Conference on Knowledge Capture, 62-69
- Qiu, Feng., & Cho, Junghoo. 2006. "Automatic identification of user interest for personalized search." Proceeding of the WWW '06 Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on World Wide Web, 727-736.
- Radlinski, F., & Dumais, S. 2006. "Improving personalized web search using result diversification." Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 691-692.
- Shahabi, Cyrus, & Chen, Yi-Shin. 2003. "Web information personalization: Challenges and approaches." In Proceedings of 3rd Workshop on Databases in Networked Information System, 5-15.
- Shen, Xuehua., Tan, Bin, & Zhai, Cheng Xiang. 2005. "Implicit user modeling for personalized search." In Proceeding of CIKM'05, 824-831.
- Sieg, Ahu, Mobasher, Bamshad, & Burke, Robin. 2007. "Web search personalization with ontological user profiles." Proceedings of the Sixteenth ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 525-534.
- Speretta, Mirco, & Gauch, Susan. 2005. "Personalizing search based on search histories." In Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, 622-628.
- Speretta, Mirco. 2000. Personalized Search Based on User Search Histories, Ph.D. diss., Udine University, Udine, Italy.
- Tanudjaja, F, & Mui, L. 2002. "Persona: A contextualized and personalized web search." In Proceeding of 35" Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 195-230.
- Trajkova, J., & Gauch, S. 2004. "Improving ontology-based user profiles." Proceedings of the Recherched' Information Assistear Ordinateur, RIAO, 380-389.
- Ziegler, C., Simon, K., & Lausen, G. 2006. "Automatic computation of semantic proximity using taxonomic knowledge." Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, CIKM, 465-474.