- Volume 20 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Adsorption of Lead Ion by Zeolites Synthesized from Jeju Scoria
제주 스코리아로부터 합성된 제올라이트에 의한 납이온 흡착
- Kam, Sang-Kyu (Department of Environmental Engineering, Jeju National University) ;
- Hyun, Sung-Su (Institute of Health & Environment, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province) ;
- Lee, Min-Gyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2011.08.29
- Accepted : 2011.10.31
- Published : 2011.11.30
The adsorption performance of lead ion was studied using five zeolites (Na-P1, sodalite (SOD), analcime (ANA), nepheline hydrate (JBW), cancrinite (CAN)) synthesized from Jeju scoria. The adsorption performances of lead ion decreased in the order of Na-P1 > SOD > ANA > JBW > CAN. These results showed that the synthetic zeolite with a higher cationic exchange capacity showed a higher adsorption performance. The uptake of lead ion by synthetic zeolites were described by Freundlich model better than Langmuir model. The adsorption kinetics of lead ion by synthetic zeolites fitted the pseudo 2nd order kinetics better than pseudo 1st order kinetics. The effective diffusion coefficients of lead ion by synthetic zeolites were ten times higher than the zeolite A synthesized from coal fly ash.
- 성낙창, 김은호, 김정권, 김형석, 1996, 굴껍질을 이용한 도금폐수의 중화 및 중금속이온 제거, 한국환경위생학회지, 22(3), 81-87.
- 송창수, 김희준, 정태학, 1998, 천연제올라이트의 암모늄 이온교환에 미치는 입자 크기 및 온도영향에 관한 연구, 대한상하수도학회지, 12(3), 75-80.
- 오영한, 1999, 석탄 비산재로부터 제올라이트 A의 합성과 합성 제올라이트의 중금속 흡착 특성, 석사학위 논문, 서울시립대학교 .
- 윤정수, 1991, 북제주군 지역 기생화산(오름)에 관한 학술조사 보고서, 북제주군.
- 조영우, 1999, 제주 Scoria의 중금속 흡착특성, 산업대학원 석사학위논문, 제주대학교.
- Henmi, T., 1987, Increase in cation exchange capacity of coal fly ash by alkali treatment, Clay Sci., 6, 277-282.
- Helfferich, F., 1995, Ion Exchange, Dover Publications Inc., New York.
- Jeon, B. E., Ahn, B. J., Chang, W. H., Kam, S. K., Lee, M. G., 2004, Zeolitic conversion of Cheju scoria, J. Ind. Eng. Chemistry, 10(4), 618-622.
- Kam, S. K., Kim, D. S., Lee, M. G., 1999, Comparison of removal performance of divalent heavy metals by natural and pretreated zeolites, J. Kor. Environ. Sci., 8(3), 399-409.
- Kam, S. K., Hyun, S. S., Lee, M. G., 2002, Adsorption characteristics of copper and lead ions by Jeju scoria, J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 24(1), 57-69.
- Kim, W. B., Jung, S. H., Ahn, B. J., 1997, Synthesis of Na-P1 zeolite from coal fly ash, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 3(3), 185-190.
- Lee, M. G., Suh, K. H., 1996, Study on adsorption of heavy metal ions by Cheju scoria, J. Environ. Sci., 5(2), 195-210.
- Okada, Y., 1991, Synthesis of zeolite using fly ash on closed system, Jpn. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutri., 62, 1-10.
- Page, A. L., 1985, Methods of Soil Analysis (2nd ed.), Part 2, Chemical and microbiological properties, Am. Soc. Agron., Inc., Soil Soc. Am. Inc., Madison. Wisconsin, USA.
- Vermeulen, T., 1953, Theory for irreversible and constant-pattern solid diffusion, Ind. Eng. Chem., 45, 1664-1670. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50524a025