- Volume 47 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effective sampling of estuarine fauna by a passive net in theWest Sea of Korea occurring strong tide
조류가 강한 서해 하구에서 수동어구를 이용한 하구역 유영생물의 효율적 채집
- Hwang, Sun-Do (Fisheires Resources Agency) ;
- Im, Yang-Jae (West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research Development Institute)
- Received : 2011.07.21
- Accepted : 2011.10.12
- Published : 2011.11.30
To obtain the effective sampling estuarine fauna by a passive net in the West Sea of Korea occurring strong tide, catch were collected by bag nets with various sampling trials off Ganghwa Island in November 2009. We compared the difference of community structures (on spring tide vs. neap tide, total sample vs. subsample and 4 nets vs. 1 net) with each species composition as a sampling unit by the Pearson chi-square test. Number of individual at the spring tide was more abundant than that at the neap tide (p<0.0001) although number of species at the spring tide was not significantly different with that at the neap tide (p=0.174). Both number of species (p=0.138) and number of individual (p=0.096) were not significantly different between total sample and random subsample. Number of species was not significantly different between the subsample by 1 net and the subsample by 4 nets (p=0.515), but number of individual was a little different on both samples (p=0.024). In conclusion, we suggest the subsample by 1 net at spring tide as the effective sampling estuarine fauna by a passive net in the West Sea occurring strong tide.
Grant : 서해연안어업자원조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소
- Cha, H.K., J.U. Lee, C.S. Park, C.I. Baik, S.Y. Hong, J.H. Park, D.W. Lee, Y.M. Choi, K.S. Hwang, Z.G. Kim, K.H. Choi, H.S. Sohn, M.H. Sohn, D.H. Kim and J.H. Choi, 2001. Shrimps of the korean waters. National Fisheries Research and Development Agency, Busan, pp. 188.
- Cha, S.S. and M.J. Park, 1995. Proper sampling method for larbal fish in the western coastal waters. J. Oceanol. Soc. Korea, 30 (1), 64－68.
- Hwang, S.D., 1998. Diel and seasonal variations in species composition of fishery resources collected by a bag net off Kogunsan gundo. Kor. J. Ichthyol., 10 (2), 155－163.
- Hwang, S.D., Y.J. Im, Y.C. Kim, H.K. Cha and S.H. Choi, 1998a. Fishery resources off Youngkwang 1. Species composition of catch by a stow net. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 31 (5), 727－738.
- Hwang, S.D., Y.J. Im, H.I. Song, Y.S. Choi and H.T. Moon, 1998b. Fishery resources off Youngkwang 2. Species composition of catch by a otter trawl. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 31(5), 739-748.
- Hwang, S.D., I.S. Choi and E.K. Chu, 2008. Comparison of sampling methods for anchovy eggs and larvae in coastal waters of the south sea of Korea. Kor. J. Ichthyol., 20 (3), 228－232.
- Hong, S.Y., K.Y. Park, C.W. Park, C.H. Han, H.L. Suh, S.G. Yun, C.B. Song, S.G. Ho, H.S. Lim, Y.S. Kang, D.H. Kim, C.W. Ma, M.H. Son, H.K. Cha, K.B. Kim, S.D. Choi, K.Y. Park, C.W. Oh, D.N. Kim, H.S. Shon, J.N. Kim, J.H. Choi, M.H. Kim and I.Y. Choi, 2006. Marine invertebrates in korean coasts. Academy publishing company, Inc. Seoul, pp. 479.
- Kim, I.S., Y. Choi, C.L. Lee, Y.J. Lee, B.J. Kim and J.H. Kim, 2005. Illustrated book of korean fishes. Kyohak publishing co., LTD, Seoul, pp. 70－503.
- Kim, J.K., J.H. Ryu, J.N. Kim and Y.H. Kim, 2007. A guide to identification of sililar species. National Fisheries Research and Development Agency, Busan, pp 101.
- Lee, T.W., 1989. Seasonal fluctuation in abundance and species composition of demersal fishes in Cheonsu bay of the Yellow Sea, Korea. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 22 (1), 1－8.
- Lee, T.W., 1991. The demersal fishes of Asan bay. I. Optimal sample size. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 24 (4), 248 －254.
- Lee, T.W., 1993. The demersal fishes of Asan bay III. Spatial variation in abundance and species composition. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 26 (5), 438－445.
- Lee, T.W. and K.J. Seok, 1984. Seasonal fluctuations in abundance and species composition of fishes in Cheonsu bay using trap net catches. J. Oceanol. Soc. Korea, 19:217－227.
- Lee, T.W., H.T. Moon and G.G. Kim, 2003. Seasonal variation in species composition of fish in the estuary of Saemangeum waters during the construction of a dike in 2001－2002. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 36 (3), 298－305. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2003.36.3.298
- Lenarz, W.H. and P.B. Adams, 1980. Some statistical considerations of the design of trawl surveys for rockfish (Scopaenidae). Fish. Bull. U.S., 78, 659－ 674.
- Livingston, R.J., 1976. Diurnal and seasonal fluctuations of organisms in a north Florida estuary. Estuar. Coast. Mar. Sci., 4, 373－400. https://doi.org/10.1016/0302-3524(76)90014-1
- Ovitatt, C.A. and S.W. Nixon, 1973. The demersal fish of Narragansett bay: Analysis of community structure, distribution and abundance. Estuar. Coast. Mar. Sci., 1, 361－378. https://doi.org/10.1016/0302-3524(73)90026-1
- Park, C., 1989. Zooplankton sample variability in the coastal area: The necessity for the replicate and time dependent sampling. J. Oceanol. Soc. Korea, 24 (4), 165－171.
- SAS, 2003. SAS/STAT User′s Guide, Version 9.1. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC., 1429-1556.
- Taylor, C.C., 1953. Nature of variability in trawl catches. Fish. Bull. U.S., 76, 617－627.
- Comparison of Nekton Assemblage Structures Between Estuary and Inshore Waters on the Mid-Western Coast of Korea vol.17, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7850/jkso.2012.17.3.149