- Volume 6 Issue 5
The present paper describes the setup of standard partial discharge calibrator for measuring partial discharge and estimating uncertainties. The standard PD calibrator was designed and set up, consisting of a digital pulse generator, capacitor modules, and a digital oscilloscope controlled by software developed in the laboratory. Using this software, averages of charges and rising times and their standard deviations in the measured pulses can also be calculated. The standard PD calibrator generates five types of pulses: single, double, random, oscillating, and long-rising. The coefficient sensitivities to estimate the uncertainties of pulses were extracted in the model circuit of the standard PD calibrator. The uncertainties of charges and rising times in pulses of the standard PD calibrator were estimated with single pulses. These values were 0.3%-1.4% in charges and 1.9%-7.0% in rising time; however, these values are lower than the limit values in IEC 60270.
- International Electrotechnical Commission, "Partial Discharge Measurement", IEC 60270, First edition, 1968.
- International Electrotechnical Commission, "Partial Discharge Measurement", IEC 60270, Second edition, 1981.
- International Electrotechnical Commission, "Partial Discharge Measurement", IEC 60270, Third edition, Dec., 2000.
- G. Zinglaes, "Present State and Prospects of Standardization on PD Measurement", IEEE Trans. on Electrical Insulation Vol. 28 No. 6, December 1993, pp. 902-904. https://doi.org/10.1109/14.249363
- K. Schon, W. Lucas, "Intercomparison of Impulse charge Measurement" European Commission Standards, Measurements and Testing Programme Project SMT4-CT95-7501, 1998.
- K. Schon, H. D. Valentini, "Programmable Impulse Charge Generator for Calibrating PD Instrument", in 10th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, 1997.
- Walter S. Zaengel and Kurt Lehmann, "A Critique of Present Calibration Procedure for Partial Discharge Measurement", , IEEE Trans. on Electrical Insulation Vol. 28 No. 6, December 1993, pp. 1043-1049. https://doi.org/10.1109/14.249377
- G. Zinglaes, "The Requirements of a PD Measuring System Analyzed in the Time Domain", IEEE Trans. On Dielectric and Electrical Insulation Vol. 7 No. 1, February 2000, pp. 2-5. https://doi.org/10.1109/94.839334
- P. Osvath, E. Carminati and A. Gandelli, "A contribution on the traceability of partial discharge measurements", IEEE Trans. on Electrical Insulation Vol. 27 No. 1, February 1992, pp. 130-134 https://doi.org/10.1109/14.123448
- Robin E. Bently, "Uncertainty in Measurement: the ISO Guide", National Measurement Laboratory CSIRO, TIP P1337, July. 2003.
- Agilent Technologies, "Certificate of Calibration, Certificate", No. 81150ADE47C00362, Jun. 12, 2008.
- Tektronix, "Certificate of Traceable Calibration", Certificate No. PBXPNLJ6JW, Sep. 2, 2008.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., "Chip Monolithic Ceramic Capacitor-High Frequency", GQM Series Data Sheet, Sep. 1,08.
- Nikkohm Co., "Disk Resistor", Data Sheet, 2008.
- End-to-End Partial Discharge Detection in Power Cables via Time-Domain Convolutional Neural Networks pp.2093-7423, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42835-019-00115-y