- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Perception of Extreme Heat Watch Warning and Usefulness of Special Weather Reports ; Focus on the Perception of University Students
폭염특보 인지도와 기상특보 활용도 분석 ; 대학생들의 인지
- Park, Jong-Kil (School of Environmental Sciences Engineering, Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University) ;
- Oh, Jin-A (Department of Nursing, Inje University) ;
- Jung, Woo-Sik (Department of Atmospheric Environment Information Engineering, Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Byul (Department of Atmospheric Environment Information Engineering, Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University) ;
- Choi, Su-Jin (School of Environmental Sciences Engineering, Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University)
- 박종길 (인제대학교 환경공학부, 대기환경정보연구센터) ;
- 오진아 (인제대학교 간호학과) ;
- 정우식 (인제대학교 대학원 대기환경정보공학과, 대기환경정보연구센터) ;
- 김은별 (인제대학교 대학원 대기환경정보공학과, 대기환경정보연구센터) ;
- 최수진 (인제대학교 환경공학부, 대기환경정보연구센터)
- Received : 2010.08.09
- Accepted : 2010.10.08
- Published : 2010.10.31
This paper aims to analyze the perception of university students for the extreme heat watch warning and suggest the usefulness of special weather reports. For this, we have made up a descriptive questionnaires including the perception, mass media, usefulness and satisfaction of special weather report. Using the SPSS 17.0 program, descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA and Scheffe test were used to analyze the collected data. The result are as follows; The perception of extreme heat watch warning was some low as 59.1 percentile, we think it needs education and public relations about the extreme heat watch warning. The usefulness of special weather report was 66.6 percentile and of girl students of university that was educated about health care was higher than one of boy students of university, it needs continuous education of these students in order to upgrade satisfaction of special report and mitigate the hazard of extreme heat according to climate change. The main media to get the meteorological information of university undergraduate students were TV and Internet, it needed education and development of new contents. From these findings, suggestions are presented to help improve the extreme heat watch warning.
Perception;Usefulness;Extreme heat watch warning;Special weather report;A descriptive questionnaires;Meteorological information
- 과학기술부, 2003, 국가방재기상체계 최적화방안에 관한 연구, VII.
- 국립기상연구소, 2007, 폭염특보에 관한 연구(II), 인제대학교 산학협력단, 대기환경정보연구센터, 11, 97.
- 기상청, 2006, 폭염특보에 관한 연구(I), 인제대학교 산학협력단, 대기환경정보연구센터, 12, 83.
- 김은별, 2007, 고온현상과 대기오염물질이 일사망자수에 미치는 영향, 인제대학교 석사학위논문, 28-36.
- 김정기, 지현정, 2003, 날씨 프로그램의 시청동기, 시청경험, 시청효과, 한국방송학보, 17(2), 81-110.
- 대구신문, 2008, 국토대장정 여대생 폭염으로 쓰러져 사망. (2008. 07. 08.)
- 양영민, 강인식, 유진호, 안경희, 2004, 기상정보가 사회경제에 미치는 영향과 효과분석, 한국기상학회지, 40(2), 159-175.
- 양일규, 2005, 기상정보의 사회․경제적 가치추정과 정책과제에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 서울대학교.
- 오진아, 김헌애, 2009, 국내외 기상정보 사이트의 건강정보 서비스 현황, 대한의료정보학회 춘계학술대회.
- 이대근, 2006, 한반도 일 사망률에 영향을 미치는 기상요소의 특성과 상관성에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 인제대학교.
- 한국인터넷진흥원, 2008, 2007년 하반기 정보화실태조사 요약보고서, 정보통신부, 6-9.
- FEMA, 2000, Effective Disaster Warnings, reported by the Working Group on Natural Disasters Information Systems, Subcommittee on Natural Disaster Reduction.
- Hardy, J. T., 2003, Climate change: cause, effects, and solutions, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 230.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007, The physical science basis, summary for policymakers, contribution of working group I to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA., 1-21.
- Jung, W. S., Park, J. K., Kim, E. B., Song, J. H., 2009, Study on the Establishment of Threshold Criteria for Heat Health Watch Warning System in Korea; Part II : Improvement of Criteria, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 18(7), 781-796. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.7.781
- Nichols, J. M., 1996, Economic and social benefits of climatological information and services: A review of existing assessments, World Climate Programme Applications and Services, WMO/TD-No. 780.
- Oh, J. N., Park, J. K., 2009, Students' Actual and Satisfaction of Meteorological Information and Demand on Health Forecasting at a University, J. Korean Acad. Soc. Nurs. Edu., 15(2), 251-259. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.251
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Choi, H. J., 2006, Pilot Research on a Heavy Rainfall for the Meteorological Information Application and Disaster Prevention, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 15(11), 1003-1010. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2006.15.11.1003
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Kim, E. B., 2008, A Study on Development of the Extreme Heat Standard in Korea, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 17(6), 657-669. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.6.657
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Kim, E. B., 2008, A Study on the Influence of Extreme Heat on Daily Mortality, J. of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 24(5), 523-537. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2008.24.5.523
- Park, J. K., Jung, W. S., Kim, E. B., 2009, Study on the Establishment of Threshold Criteria for Heat Health Watch Warning System in Korea; Part I: Establishment of Criteria and Verification, J. of the Environmental Sciences, 18(7), 767-780. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.7.767
- Park, J. K., Lee, D. G., 2006, Correlation between daily mortality and temperature of Seoul in Summer. Paper presented at the 99th Annual Meeting of AWMA, New Orleans, LA.
- Vincent, R., Basil, M., 1997, College student's news gratification, media use, and current event knowledge, Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 41, 380-392. https://doi.org/10.1080/08838159709364414
- Survey Research Analysis for Enhancing the Utilization Level of Marine Meteorological Information vol.20, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.9.1095
- Analysis of Utilization and Perception of Special Weather Reports for Climate Change Adaptation: Focus on Dryness Advisory and Warning vol.23, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.6.1121
- Pilot Study of Application Status for the Improvement of Weather Information in the Korean Peninsula: Focus on Extreme Heat Watch and Warnings vol.8, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5572/ajae.2014.8.3.140