- Volume 13 Issue 3
Analysis of Characteristics of Vertical Response Spectrum of Ground Motions from Domestic Earthquakes
국내 관측자료를 이용한 수직 응답스펙트럼 특성 분석
- Kim, Jun-Kyoung (Department of Fire & Disaster Prevention, Semyung University) ;
- Hong, Seung-Min (Department of Fire & Disaster Prevention, Semyung University) ;
- Park, Ki-Jong (Department of Fire & Disaster Prevention, Semyung University)
- Received : 2010.08.02
- Accepted : 2010.08.25
- Published : 2010.08.31
The vertical response spectra using the observed ground motions from the recent more than 30 macro earthquakes were analysed and then were compared both to the seismic design response spectra (Reg Guide 1.60), applied to the domestic nuclear power plants, and to the Korean Standard Design Response Spectrum for general structures and buildings (1997). 176 vertical ground motions, without considering soil types, were used for normalization with respect to the peak acceleration value of each ground motion. The results showed that response spectrum had strong dependency on epicentral distance. The results also showed that the vertical response spectra revealed much higher values for frequency bands above 5~7 Hz than Reg. Guide (1.60). The results were also compared to the Korean Standard Response Spectrum for the 3 different soil types and showed that the vertical response spectra revealed much higher values for the frequency bands below 0.2 second (5 Hz) than the Korean Standard Response Spectrum (SD soil condition). These frequency-dependent spectral values could be related to the characteristics of the domestic crustal attenuation and the effect of each site amplification. However, through the qualitative improvements and quantitative enhancement of the observed ground motions, the conservation of vertical seismic design response spectrum should be considered more significantly for the frequency bands above 5 Hz.
Supported by : 기상지진개발사업단
- 건설교통부, 1997, 내진설계기준개발 2단계 연구, 한국지진공학회.
- 김성균, 2007, 한반도 지진특성을 고려하여 모사된 강진동에 대한 가속도 응답스펙트럼, 한국지구과학회지, 28(2), 179-186.
- 김준경, 2003, 국내 지진의 응답스펙트럼 특성 분석, 한국원자력안전연구원 연구보고서, 한국원자력안전기술원. 152p.
- 김준경, 2005, 발파에 의한 지반진동의 응답스펙트럼 분석, 한국암반공학회, 338-343.
- 김준경, 2009, 최근 발생지진 관측자료를 이용한 응답스펙트럼 분석, 한국암반공학회, 19, 490-497.
- 윤종구, 김동수, 방은석, 2006, 국내 지반특성에 적합한 지반분류 방법 및 설계응답스펙트럼 계산에 대한 연구(I), 국내 내진설계기준의 문제점, 한국지질공학회, 10(2), 39-50.
- 선창국, 정충기, 김동수, 김재관, 2007, 역사지진 피해발생 읍성지역에 재한 부지고유의 지진응답 평가, 한국지질공학회, 17(1), 1-13.
- Benioff, H., 1934, The Physical Evaluation of Seismic Destructiveness, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 24(2), 88-97.
- Biot, J. A., 1941, A Mechanical Analyzer for the Prediction of Earthquake Stresses, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 31(2).
- Boore, D. M., Joyner, W. B., and Fumal, T. E., 1994, Estimation of Response Spectra and Peak Acceleration from Western North American Earthquakes: An Interim Report, Part 2, USGS Open File Report 94-127, Menlo Park, California, United States Geological Survey.
- Bozorgnia, Y., and Campbell K. W., 1995, Characteristics of free-field vertical ground motions during the Northridge earthquake, Earthquake Spectra, 11, 515-525. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1585825
- Bozorgnia, Y., and Campbell K. W., 2004, The vertical-tohorizontal response spectral ratio and tentative procedures for developing simplified v/h and vertical design spectra, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 8, 175-207.
- Elgamal A., and He, L., 2004, Vertical earthquake ground motion records: an overview, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 8, 663-697.
- Housner, G. W., 1959, Behavior of Structures during Earthquakes, Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, 85 (EM4.), 104-111.
- Newmark, N. M., Blume, J. A., and Kapur, K. K., 1973a, Seismic Design Spectra for Nuclear Power Plants, Journal of Power Division, ASCE, 99(2), 287-303.
- Newmark, N. M., and Hall, W. J., 1973b, Procedures and Criteria for Earthquake Resistant design, Building Research Series 46, Building Practices for Disaster Mitigation, National Bureau of Standards, U. S. Department of Commerce.
- Newmark, N. M., Hall, W. J., and Mohraz, B., 1973c, A Study of Vertical and Horizontal Earthquake Spectra, Report WASH-1255, Directorate of Licensing, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- Regulatory Guide 1.60, 1968, Design Response Spectra for Seismic Design of Nuclear Power Pans, USNRC.
- Yang, J., and Lee C., M., Characteristics of vertical and horizontal ground motions recorded during the Niigata-ken Chuetsu, Japan Earthquake of 23 October 2004, Engineering Geology, 94, 50-64.