- Volume 13 Issue 3
Method of Estimating the Ground-Motion Intensity Measures at a Nearby Site by using the Time-domain Transformation of Site Response
지진파형의 시간영역 부지응답특성 변환을 통한 인접부지의 지진동세기 추정 방법
- Yun, Kwan-Hee (Dept. of Nuclear Engneering, KEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Park, Dong-Hee (Dept. of Nuclear Engneering, KEPCO Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.07.06
- Accepted : 2010.08.10
- Published : 2010.08.31
Current earthquake alert notification for immediate post-earthquake procedures for the critical facilities is exclusively dependent on the ground-motion intensity measures observed at the seismic station located within the site. This practice is prune to false notification due to a noise and problems of missing and poor quality records of the seismic station. The credibility of the earthquake alert notification can be enhanced by utilizing the multiple transformed records of the nearby seismic stations at other sites interconnected to the same earthquake monitoring system by a network. The time-domain transformation of the site-response between the seismic stations is implemented by convoluting the nearby records with a pair of forward and inverse FIR filters designed for the site response relative to a seismic basement. The transformed records from the nearby seismic stations can be used to estimate the ground-motion intensity measures missing at the site or to evaluate the data quality along with other various possible applications in the area of geoscience and earthquake engineering.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEF)
- 연관희, 2007, 한반도 남부지역에 대한 2차원 Q 토모그래피 역산, 공학박사학위논문, 서울대학교.
- 연관희, 박동희, 장천중, 심택모, 2008, 지진관측자료를 이용한 지진동감쇠식의 불확실성 평가, 2008년도 한국지진공학회 학술발표회, 한국지진공학회, 116-123.
- 이덕기, 이현, 유용규, 박준천, 전영수, 황의홍, 2009, 기상청의 국가 지진 주요정책 소개, 2009년도 한국지진공학회 추계워크샵 발표회, 한국지진공학회, 221.
- Allen, R. M. and Kanamori, H., 2003, The potential for earthquake early warning in Southern California, Science Magazine, 300, 786-789.
- Anderson, J. G., and Hough, S. E., 1984, A model for the shape of the fourier amplitude spectrum of acceleration at high frequencies, Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, 74, 1969-1993.
- Iglesias, A., Singh, S. K., Ordaz, M., Santoyo, M. A., and Pacheco, J., 2007, The seismic alert system for Mexico City: an evaluation of its performance and a strategy for its improvement, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 97, 1718-1729. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120050202
- Kamigaichi, O., 2004, JMA earthquake early warning, Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, 4, 134- 137. https://doi.org/10.5610/jaee.4.3_134
- Olivieri, M., Allen, R. M., and Wurman, G., 2008, The potential for earthquake early warning in Italy using ElarmS, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 98, 495-503. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120070054
- Wu, Y.-M. and Teng, T.-L., 2002, A virtual subnetwork approach to earthquake early warning, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 92, 2008-2018. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120010217