- Volume 35 Issue 3
Status of Medical Exposure in Korea
- Yoon, Sei-Chul (Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul St. Mary's Hospital) ;
- Kim, Il-Han (Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Kim, Sung-Hoon (Department of Nuclear Medicine Seoul St. Mary's Hospital) ;
- Kim, Hyuck-Joo (Department of Radiation Safety, Korea Food & Drug Administration)
- Received : 2010.08.04
- Accepted : 2010.09.08
- Published : 2010.09.30
Medical use of radiation is increasing in recent times and its influence on the population creates almost the same amount of annual natural background radiation in industrialized countries in particular. Thus, medical radiation has become a social issue. This paper is a brief report on the status of medical exposure in Korea by way of consulting from the radiation-related medical societies in Korea.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 105 : Radiological protection in medicine. Annals of the ICRP 37(6) Oxford; Pergamon Press, 2007.
- Perez MR. Radiological protection in health care. The 3rd Asian and Oceanian congress on radiation protection 2010.
- Malone JE. Radiation protection in medicine: ethical framework revisited. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 2009; 135(2):71-78. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncp010
- Brenner DJ, Hall EJ. Computed tomography an increasing source of radiation exposure. N. Engl J Med. 2007; 357:2277-2284. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra072149
- Korea National Statistical Office. Korea Statistical Information System. Available at URL http://kosis.nso.go.kr
- HIRA service. Statistical index for medical expenses. 2009.