- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Shielding Effect according to the Direction of Control Room Door Opening during Radiography
방사선촬영 중 제어실 문의 열린 방향에 따른 차폐효과
- Choi, Weon-Keun (Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Kim, Jung-Hoon (Department of Radiological Science, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Kang, Bo-Sun (Department of Radiological Science, Konyang University) ;
- Bae, Seok-Hwan (Department of Radiological Science, Konyang University) ;
- Lim, Chang-Seon (Department of Radiological Science, Konyang University)
- 최원근 (서울아산병원영상의학팀) ;
- 김정훈 (부산가톨릭대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 강보선 (건양대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 배석환 (건양대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 임창선 (건양대학교 방사선학과)
- Received : 2010.07.14
- Accepted : 2010.09.08
- Published : 2010.09.30
It is recommended that the door of control room is closed during radiography to protect a radiologic technologist. However, for those patients such as of emergency or pediatrics, the door must be kept open unavoidably to apply immediate medical administration and treatment on the potential case of emergency which could be happened through the course of radiography. In addition, it could be efficient by reducing patients waiting time when the door is open for a general case. This study was conducted to evaluate practical exposure rate to a radiologic technologist when the door is open during the radiography, and to find out the ways to minimize radiation exposure and to increase the efficiency simultaneously. Measuring practical exposure rate was fulfilled with glass dosimeter, and it was 2.02 mGy/week at the location of radiologic technologist under the condition that the door is open during the radiography, which was about 2.3 times higher than the 100 mR/week. It means that the considerable amount of scattered rays through the door opening, and increase exposure rate at the radiologic technologist. Hence we confirmed that a radiologic technologist probably overexposed if the door is open during the radiography. It was also confirmed by the Monte Carlo simulation that the exposure rate could be reduced up to approximately 1/100 by change only the door opening direction. In conclusion, since the proper door opening direction provides same shielding effect whether it is open or close, the door opening direction need to be considered when it is installed at radiography facilities.
Scattered rays;Shielding effect;Door opening direction
- 임봉식, "한국에서 방사선 관련 종사자들의 개인피폭선량 실태에 관한 연구", 방사선기술과학, 제29권, 제 3호, pp. 185-195, 9월, 2006. .
- 임창선,김세헌,"핵의학과에서 방사선 피폭관리 실태에 관한 조사연구", 한국산학기술학회논문지, 제10권, 제 7호, pp.1760-1765, 7월, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.7.1760
- 강보선, 임창선,"핵의학과에서 환경방사선량 측정에 대한 연구", 한국산학기술학회논문지, 제11권, 제6호, pp.2118-2123, 6월, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2118
- 법률 제10086호, "원자력법", 3월, 2010.
- 대통령령 제21719호, "원자력법시행령", 9월, 2009.
- 보건복지부령 제156호, "진단용방사선발생장치의 안전관리에 관한 규칙", 1월, 2010.
- NCRP Report No.147, "Structural Shielding Design for Medical X-ray Imaging Facilities", p.4, NCRP, November, 2004.
- 라정은, 신동오, 홍주영, 김희선, 임천일, 정희교, 서태석, "유리선량계의 선량특성에 관한 연구", 방사선방어학회지, 제31권, 제4호, pp. 181-186, 12월, 2006.
- 김유현, "입사표면선량 측정방법과 방사선사의 역할", 방사선기술과학, 제28권, 제3호, pp. 173-191, 9월, 2005.
- 박명환, 권덕문, "X선 및 감마선에 대한 apron의 차폐율 측정", 방사선기술과학, 제30권, 제3호, pp.245-250, 9월, 2007.
- 김유현 외 ,"진단방사선검사에서 환자피폭선량에 관한 연구", 방사선기술과학, 제28권, 제3호, pp.241-248, 9월, 2005.
- X선진단시 피폭선량을 반으로 줄이기 위한 Cu Filter의 두께", 대한방사선기술학회지, 제24권, 제1호,pp.17-22, 6월, 2001.
- 최강묵 외, "흉부X선촬영시 Key-filter를 사용한 방사선피폭선량의 경감에 관한 보고", 대한방사선기술학회지, 제19권, 제2호, pp.67-70, 12월, 1996.
- A Study on Added Filters for Reduction of Radiation Exposure Dose in Skull A-P Projection vol.12, pp.7, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.7.3117