- Volume 25 Issue 3
This study presents a methodology to evaluate the driving safety of vehicles against localized high wind on the roads over the valleys or along the coasts. Risk level for vehicle accident is derived from the side slip caused by cross wind, and then safety criteria based on reliability for driving stability are defined. The level of safety is classified according to probability of exceeding against wind speed using the concept of extreme value statistics. To attain the safety level of vehicle on bridges, numerical simulations using Computational Fluid Dynamics(CFD) are performed. Based on this result, risk reduction and quality improvement is expected through analysis for each alternative in bridges design, construction and operation & maintenance stage with proposed process
bridge;vehicles;extreme value statistics;wind;safety
- (사)대한토목학회," 도로교설계기준", 2008.
- 정운용, 정봉조, 박태규, "고속도로 강풍지역 차량주행 안전성 확보방안 연구". 한국도로공사, 2003.
- 권순덕, 정운용, "강풍에 의한 차량 주행 안정성 평가", 2003년 대한토목학회 논문집 대한토목학회, 제23권, 제5A호, pp. 977-984, 2003.
- 권순덕, 정운용, 박태규, "횡풍을 받는 차량의 주행 안정성 확보를 위한 안전기준의 제안", 2003년 대한토목학회 정기학술대회 논문집, 대한토목학회, pp. 805-809, 2003
- Smith, S.W.and Barker, C.P., Design of wind screens to bridge, experience and application on major bridges, Proc. the International symposium on advances in bridge Aerodynamics, A. A. Balkema, Rotterdam, pp. 289-298,1998.
- 기상청 홈페이지(http://www.kma.go.kr).