- Volume 25 Issue 3
A Study on the Analysis of Design Parameters for Development of LSD
다판 클러치방식 차동제한장치 개발을 위한 설계인자 분석에 관한 연구
- Shin, Young-Ho (Department of Automobile Engineering, Kookje College) ;
- Lee, Dong-Won (Korea Automotive Technology Institute) ;
- Shin, Chun-Se (Korea Automotive Technology Institute)
- Received : 2010.01.08
- Accepted : 2010.06.18
- Published : 2010.06.30
A differential case equipped with LSD(limited slip differential) has several advantages over a normal type for rear wheel drive vehicles. Specially, the torque distribution can be done between left and right drive wheel in the state of limited slip differential. Also although LSD types are very various according to operating type, medium and torque distribution, a multi-clutch type is generally applied to rear wheel drive vehicles. So, this study presents the analysis of design parameters for development of a friction plate for multi-clutch type LSD using vehicle road test, the simulation of analytical model and the development of vehicle dynamics model by a benchmark product. According to this investigation, the design parameters which are pre-load of coil spring, friction plate and contact area quantity, friction coefficient and TBR(torque bias ratio) for a friction plate are derived from experiment and simulation and consequently, vehicle dynamics model has been constructed for the development of friction plate for multi-clutch type LSD.
- 권영일, 구영덕, 배상진, "차동제한장치", 한국과학기술정보연구원 심층정보분석보고서, pp. 4-20, 2002
- Damrogrit Piyabongkarn, Jae Lew, John Grogg and Robert Kyle, "Stability-Enhanced Traction and Yaw Control using Electronic Limited Slip Differential", SAE 2006-01-1016, 2006.
- Par Marklund, Rikard Maki, Roland Larsson, Erik Hoglund, M. M. Khonsari and Joonyoung Jang, "Thermal Influence on Torque Transfer of Wet Clutches in Limited Slip Differential Application", Tribology International Vol. 40, pp. 876- 884,2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2006.09.004
- John Park and William J. Kroppe, "Dana Torque Vectoring Differential Dynamic TrakTM", SAE 2004-01-2053,2004.
- Z. Jaskiewicz and K. Popielnicki, "Comparison Analysis of Cone Spin-Resistant Differentials in Automotive Vehicles", SAE 841194, 1984.
- 최창환, 허용, 김형익, 석창성, "압력발생장치를 이용한 유압식 차동제한장치에 관한 연구", 한국정밀공학회 2006년 춘계학술대회논문집, 2006
- 편영식, 박정현, 김호태, 이영춘, 김훈, 박병수, 이상훈, "CAE를 응용한 LSD 설계", 한국자동차공학회 2005년 심포지움 (자동차 구조 안전 및 CAE), pp. 168-174, 2005.
- ISO 14512 Standard, "Passenger cars - straight - ahead braking on surfaces with split coefficient of friction-open loop test method".
- Richard Stone and Jeffrey K. Ball, "Automotive Engineering Fundamentals", SAE International, pp. 235-242, 2004.
- Ronald H. Haas and Richard C. Manwaring, "Development of a Limited Slip Differential", SAE 710610,1971.
- 홍장표, "기계설계-이론과 실제", 북스힐, pp. 468-472, 2001.