- Volume 14 Issue 2
Attractiveness of Plautia stali (Hemiptera: Pentatomidae) Aggregation Pheromone Produced in Korea
국산 갈색날개노린재 집합페로몬의 유인력
- Jang, Sin-Ae (Division of Applied Life Science (BK21 Program), Graduate School/Research Institute of Life Science, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Cho, Jin-Hoon (Navis Co. Ltd.) ;
- Park, Chung-Gyoo (Navis Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2010.04.19
- Accepted : 2010.04.30
- Published : 2010.06.30
Methyl (E,E,Z)-2,4,6-decatrienoate is the aggregation pheromone of brown-winged stink bug Plautia stali (Hemiptera: Pentatomidae). Attractiveness of the pheromone synthesized in Korea was compared with that of synthesized in Japan in the field. A lure filled with hexane was used as a control treatment. Catches in trap baited with Korean pheromone was significantly higher than that baited with Japanese one only in one orchard out of three sweet persimmon orchards in 2008. However there was no difference in trap catches between Korean and Japanese pheromones at three sites in 2009. Gas chromatography analysis showed that the components of both pheromones were not different each other. Monitoring of P. stali seasonal fluctuation using Korean pheromone showed that the bugs were most captured in August, 2008 and in September, 2009.
Sweet persimmon;Plautia stali;Aggregation pheromone;Methyl(E,E,Z)-2,4,6-decatrienoate
- Adachi, I. (1998) Utilization of an aggregation pheromone for forecasting population trends of the stink bugs injuring tree fruits. Pl. Prot. 52:515-518.
- Adachi, I., K. Uchino and F. Mochizuki (2007) Development of a pyramidal trap for monitoring fruit-piercing stink bugs baited with Plautia crossota stali (Hemiptera: Pentatomidae) aggregation pheromone. Appl. Entomol. Zool. 42:425-431. https://doi.org/10.1303/aez.2007.425
- Chung, B.K., S.W. Kang and J.H. Kwon (1995) Damages, occurrences and control of hemipterous insects in non-astringent persimmon orchards. RDA. J. Agri. Sci. 37:376-382.
- Katase, M., K. Shimizu, H. Nagasaki and I. Adachi (2005) Application of synthetic aggregation pheromone of Plautia stali Scott to the monitoring and mass trapping of fruitpiercing.Bull. Chiba Agric. Res. Cent. 4:135-144.
- Kawada, H. and C. Kitamura (1983) The reproductive behavior of the brown marmorated stink bug, Halyomorpha mista Uhler (Heteroptera: Pentatomidae) I. Observation of mating behavior and multiple copulation. Appl. Entomol. Zool. 18:234-242. https://doi.org/10.1303/aez.18.234
- Kim, I.S., K.I. Hong, M.J. Han and M.H. Lee (1997) Survey on the occurrence of quarantine pests for export in major non-astringent persimmon (Diospyros kaki Thunb.) production areas in Korea. RDA J. Crop Protec. 39:67-71.
- Lee, D.W., G.C. Lee, S.W. Lee, C.G. Park, H.Y. Choo and C.H.Shin (2001) Survey on pest management practice and scheme of increasing income in sweet persimmon farms in korea. The Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 5:45-49.
- Lee, K.C., C.H. Kang, D.W. Lee, S.M. Lee, C.G. Park and H.Y. Choo (2002) Seasonal occurrence trends of Hemipteran bug pests monitored by mercury light and aggregation pheromone traps in sweet persimmon orchards. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 41:233-238.
- Lee, H.S., B.K. Chung, T.S. Kim, J.H. Kwon, W.D. Song and C.W. Rho (2009) Damage of sweet persimmon fruit by the introduction date and number of stink bugs, Riptortus clavatus, Halyomorpha halys and Plautia stali. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48:485-491. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.4.485
- SAS Institute (2002) User's guide, version 9.1. SAS Institute,Cary, NC, USA.
- Sugie, H., M. Yoghida, K. Kawasaki, H. Noguchi, S. Moriya, K. Takagi, H. Fukuda, A Fujiie, M. Yamanaka, Y. Ohira, T. Tsutsumi, K. Tsuda, K. Fukumoto, M. Yamashita, and H. Suzuki (1996) Identification of the aggregation pheromone of the brown-winged green bug, Plautia stali Scott, (Heteroptera:Pentatomidae). Appl. Entomol. Zool. 31:427-431. https://doi.org/10.1303/aez.31.427
- Yanagi, T. and Y. Hagihara (1980) Estimation of the number of annual generations of brown-winged green bug, Plautia stali Scott, based on the developmental velocity and diapausecritical day length. Proc. Kanto-Tosan Plant Protection Society 27:143-146.