- Volume 14 Issue 2
Insecticidal Activity of 26 Insectcides against Eggs and Nymphs of Lycorma delicatula (Hemiptera: Fulgoridae)
꽃매미의 알과 약충에 대한 26 약제의 살충활성
- Shin, Yun-Ho (Dept. of Plant Medicine, College of Agriculture, Life, and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Moon, Sang-Rae (Dept. of Plant Medicine, College of Agriculture, Life, and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Yoon, Chang-Mann (Dept. of Plant Medicine, College of Agriculture, Life, and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Ahn, Ki-Su (Chungbuk Provincial ARES) ;
- Kim, Gil-Hah (Dept. of Plant Medicine, College of Agriculture, Life, and Environment Sciences, Chungbuk National University)
- 신윤호 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 식물의학과) ;
- 문상래 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 식물의학과) ;
- 윤창만 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 식물의학과) ;
- 안기수 (충북농업과학기술원 농업환경과) ;
- 김길하 (충북대학교 농업생명환경대학 식물의학과)
- Received : 2010.05.10
- Accepted : 2010.05.24
- Published : 2010.06.30
This study was performed to investigate the hatching rate and eggs period until hatching in the laboratory against lantern fly, Lycorma delicatula eggs with different collecting date of eggs, and the susceptibility of 26 insecticides to the eggs, 1st and 2nd nymphs of Lycorma delicatula. The eggs of L. delicatula were increased the hatching rates as passed collecting date of eggs, and shorten in eggs period until hatching. By screening the susceptibility of 26 insecticides to the eggs, 1st, and 2nd nymphs, chlorpyrifos (312.5 ppm) showed the perfect inhibition effect of hatching against the eggs, however, the other insecticides did not show that effect. According to the collecting date of eggs, chlorpyrifos bioassayed the inecticidal effect with different concentration (625 ppm at double conc., 312.5 ppm at recommended conc., and 156.3 ppm at half conc.). The eggs collected from Apr. 20th 2010, were showed the inhibition effect of hatching over 94.5%, but the eggs collected from May 10th, 2010 were showed the inhibition effect of hatching as 86.7, 71.1, and 47.1%, respectively. However, hatched eggs were all killed perfectly within 24 hours. At recommended and half concentrations, the eggs collected from 15, May, are decreased the effect as 48.6%, 53.7%, respectively, and the mortality of eggs hatched also decreased as 61.0 and 22.0%, respectively, however, double concentrations did not show the changes. From the above results, it will be anticipate to show the higher mortality against the eggs of L. delicatula when treated chlorpyrifos until late-April.
Lantern fly;Lycorma delicatula;Chlorpyrifos;Insecticides
- Ahn, K.S., J.O. Yang, D.J. Noh, C.M. Yoon and G.H. Kim (2007) Susceptibility of ussur katydid, Paratlanticus ussuriensis (Orthoptera: Tettigoniidae) to commercially registered insecticides. Kor. J. Pestic. Sci. 11:194-200.
- Bale, J.S., G.J. Masters, I.D. Hodkinson, C. Awmack, T.M. Bezemer, V.K. Brown, J. Butterfield, A.Buse, J.C. Coulson, J. Farrar, J.E.G. Good, R. Harrington, S. Hartley, T.H Jones, R.H. Lindroth, M.C. Press, I. Symrnioudis, A.D. Watt and J.B. Whittaker (2002) Herbivory in global climate change research: direct effects of rising temperatures on insect herbivores. Global Change Biology 8:1-6. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2486.2002.00451.x
- Coakley, S.M., H. Scherm and S. Chakraborty (1999) Climate change and Disease management. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol. 30:399-426.
- Fuhrer, J. (2003) Agroecosystem responses to combinations of elevated CO2 ozone, and global climate change. Agric. Ecosystems Environ. 97:1-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8809(03)00125-7
- Han, J.M., H. Kim, E.J. Lim, S. LEE, Y.J. Kwon and S. Cho (2008) Lycorma delicatula (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Fulgoridae: Aphaeninae), finally, but suddenly arrived in Korea. Entomol. Res. 38:281-286. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-5967.2008.00188.x
- IPCC. 2007. In: The physical science basis, contribution of working group I to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.) Climate change 2007: Cambridge university Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, pp.996.
- KCPA (2010) User's Manual of Pesticides. 1199pp. Korea Crop Protection Association.
- KFRI (2007) Annual report of monitoring for forest insect pests and diseases in Korea. 151pp. Korea Forest Research Institute,Sungmunsa, Seoul.
- Lee, J.E., S.R. Moon, H.G. Ahn, J.O. Yang., C.M. Yoon and G.H. Kim (2009) Feeding behavior of Lycorma delicatula (Hemiptera: Fulgoridae) and response on feeding stimulants of some plants. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48:467-477. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.4.467
- Meehl, G., T. Stocker, W. Collins, P. Friedlingstein, A. Gaye,S. Solomin, D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen and M. Marquis. 2007. Climate change, 2007: the physical science basis. In: Contribution of working group I to the fourth assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK and New York, NY, USA.
- Park, J.D., M.Y. Kim, S.G. Lee, S.C. Shin, J.H. Kim and I.K. Park (2009) Biological characteristics of Lycorma delicatula and the control effects of some insecticides. Korean J.Appl. Entomol. 48:53-57. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.1.053
- Venkata Mohan, S., K. Sirisha, N. Chandrasekhara, P. N. Sarama and S. Jayarama reddy (2004) Degradation of chloropyrifos contaminated soil by bioslurry reactor operated in sequencing batch mode: bioprocess monitoring. J. Hazard Materials 116:39-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2004.05.037
- Woiwod, I. (1997) Detecting the effects of climate change on Lepidoptera. J. Insect. Conserv. 1:149-158. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1018451613970