- Volume 14 Issue 2
Determination of Fomesafen Residue in Agricultural Commodities Using HPLC-UVD/MS
HPLC-UVD/MS를 이용한 농산물 중 fomesafen의 분석
- Lee, Su-Jin (Dept. of Herbal Medicine Resource, Kangwon National University) ;
- Hwang, Young-Sun (Dept. of Herbal Medicine Resource, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Young-Hak (Dept. of Herbal Medicine Resource, Kangwon National University) ;
- Nam, Mi-Young (Dept. of Herbal Medicine Resource, Kangwon National University) ;
- Hong, Seung-Beom (Dept. of Herbal Medicine Resource, Kangwon National University) ;
- Yun, Won-Kap (Gyeongbuk Institute for Marine Bioindustry) ;
- Kwon, Chan-Hyeok (National Institute of Food and Drug Evaluation) ;
- Do, Jung-A (National Institute of Food and Drug Evaluation) ;
- Im, Moo-Hyeog (Korea Food and Drug Administration) ;
- Lee, Young-Deuk (Division of Life and Evnironmental Science, Daegu University) ;
- Choung, Myoung-Gun (Dept. of Herbal Medicine Resource, Kangwon National University)
- 이수진 (강원대학교 생약자원개발학과) ;
- 황영선 (강원대학교 생약자원개발학과) ;
- 김영학 (강원대학교 생약자원개발학과) ;
- 남미영 (강원대학교 생약자원개발학과) ;
- 홍승범 (강원대학교 생약자원개발학과) ;
- 윤원갑 (경북해양바이오산업연구원) ;
- 권찬혁 (식품의약품안전평가원 화학물질과) ;
- 도정아 (식품의약품안전평가원 화학물질과) ;
- 임무혁 (식품의약품안전청 식품기준과) ;
- 이영득 (대구대학교 생명환경학부) ;
- 정명근 (강원대학교 생약자원개발학과)
- Received : 2010.05.03
- Accepted : 2010.05.17
- Published : 2010.06.30
Fomesafen is a selective herbicide, and used to control annual and perennial broad-leaf grass on soybean and fruit fields in USA and China, but not introduced in Korea yet. So, MRL (Maximum Residue Level), and analytical method of fomesafen were not establishment in Korea. Therefore, this experiment was conducted to establish a determination method for fomesafen residue in crops using HPLC-UVD/MS. Fomesafen residue was extracted with acetone from representative samples of five raw products which comprised hulled rice, soybean, apple, green pepper, and Chinese cabbage. The extract was diluted with saline water, and dichloromethane partition was followed to recover fomesafen from the aqueous phase. Florisil column chromatography was additionally employed for final clean up of the extract. The fomesafen was quantitated by HPLC with UVD, using a Shiseido CAPCELL-PAK UG C18 column. The crops were fortified with fomesafen at 3 levels per crop. Mean recovery ratio were ranged from 87.5% for a 0.4 ppm in hulled rice to 102.5% for a 0.4 ppm in apple. The coefficients of variation were ranged from 0.6% for a 2.0 ppm in hulled rice to 7.7% for a 0.04 ppm in green pepper. Quantitative limit of fomesafen was 0.04 mg/kg in representative 5 crop samples. A LC/MS with selected-ion monitoring was also provided to confirm the suspected residue. Therefore, this analytical method was reproducible and sensitive enough to determine the residue of fomesafen in agricultural commodities.
- AOAC (2000) 'Pesticide and industrial chemical residues, In Official method of analysis', 17th ed., pp. 1-88, AOAC International, Arlington, VA, USA.
- Bolygo, E., and N. C. Atreya (1991) Solid-phase extraction for multi-residue analysis of some trizole pyrimidine pesticides in water. Freseniu's Journal of Analytical Chemistry 339(6): 423-430. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00322364
- Fong, W. G, H. A. Moye, J. N. Seiber and J. P. Toth (1999) Pesticide residues in food: Methods, technologies, and regulations. Wiley Interscience. pp. 3-4, 40-44, Canada.
- Harris, J. R., B. J. Gossett, T R. Murphy, and J. E. Toler (1991) Response of broad leaf weeds and soybeans to the diphenyl ether herbicides. J. Prod. Agric. 4:407-411. https://doi.org/10.2134/jpa1991.0407
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank (1998) TOXNET profile from Hazardous Substances Database, No. 6660, Fomesafen.
- Kwon, C. H., M. I. Chang, M. H. Im, H. Choi, D. I. Jung, S. C. Lee, J. Y. Yu, Y. D. Lee, J. O. Lee, and M. K. Hong (2008) Determination of mandipropamid residues in agricultural commodities using high-performance liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry. Analytical Sci. & Technoligy 21(6):518-525.
- Lagana, A., G. Fago, A. Marino, V. M. Penazzi (2000) Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry tandem for multiresidue determination of selected post-emergence herbicides after soil column extraction. Analytica Chimica Acta 415:41-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-2670(00)00857-6
- Lee, J., H. Park, Y. Keum, C. Kwon, Y. Lee, and J. Kim (2008) Dissipation pattern of Boscalid in cucumber under green house condition. Korean Journal of Pesticide Science 12: 67-73.
- Miller, J. M. (2005) Chromatography : concepts and contrasts (2nd), Wiley Intersciense, p. 286-287, USA.
- Standardization administration of the people's republic of China (2003) GB/T 5009. 130.
- Trezzi, M. M., R. A. Vidal, N. D. Kruse, R. P. Silva, M. S. Gustmann, and E. Franchin (2009) Fomesafen absorption site as a mechanism of resistance in an Euphorbia heterophylla biotype resistant to PROTOX inhibitors. Planta Daninha 27(1):139-148. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0100-83582009000100018
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (2007) Registration review ecological risk assessment problem formulation for fomesafen. Washington D.C., 20460.
- US FDA (1999) 'Pesticide Analytical Manual, Vol 1: Multi residue Methods (3rd ed.)', US Food and Drug Administration, USA.
- 박청진, 이영득 (2003) 살균제 boscalod의 포도와 딸기 중 잔류특성. 생명과학연구 2(2):9-16.
- 식품의약품안전청 (2009) 식품공전.
- 이영득 (2009) 식품공전 잔류농약분석법 실무 해설서, 식품의약품안전청.