- Volume 10 Issue 2
Estimation of Small Hydropower Resources and Development of Geographic Information System
소수력 자원량 산정과 지리정보시스템 구축
- Received : 2009.12.17
- Accepted : 2010.01.05
- Published : 2010.04.30
Small hydropower is one of the many types of new and renewable energy, which South Korea is planning to develop, as the country is abundant in endowed resources. In order to fully utilize small hydropower resources, there is a need for greater precision in quantifying small hydropower resources and establish an environment in which energy sources can be discovered using the small hydropower geographic information system. This study has given greater precision to calculating annual electricity generation and installed capacity of small hydropower plants of 840 standard basins by inquiring into average annual rainfall, basin area and runoff coefficient, which is anticipated to promote small hydropower resources utilization. Small hydropower geographic information system was also established by additionally providing base information on quantified small hydropower resources and analysis function and small hydropower generator status, rivers, basin, rainfall gauging station, water level gauging station etc., all of which were not provided by the domestic hydropower Resources Map System. Established GIS small hydropower energy system can be used to basic information for active uses of small hydropower energy which is scattered to the entire country.
Grant : 신재생에너지 자원지도 및 활용시스템 구축
- 건설교통부 (1996) 수자원장기종합계획.
- 건설교통부 (1996) 수자원장기종합계획.
- 건설교통부.한국수자원공사 (2006) 수리.수분조사 보고서 -한강유역조사- III.
- 김길호 (2008) 소수력 개발을 위한 타당성분석 방안, 공학석사학위 논문, 인하대학교.
- 박완순 (2003) 소수력 발전소의 성능예측 기법에 관한 연구. 공 학박사학위논문, 공주대학교.
- 산업자원부 (2006) 신재생에너지 자원조사.종합관리시스템 구축사업.
- 손병찬, 신동열, 이상화, 김종휘 (1982) 국내소수력자원평가 및 타 당성조사 연구, 한국동력자원연구소, 연구보고서, KE-82T-12.
- Baban, S.M.J. and Wan-Yusof, K. (2003). Modelling optimum sites for locating reservoirs in tropical environments, Water Resources Management, Wol. 17, pp.1-17. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023066705226
- Gismalla, Y.A. and Bruen, M. (1996) Use of GIS in reconnaissance studies for small-scale hydropower development in a developing country: A case study from Tanzania, in K. Kovar and H.P. Nachtnebel (eds), Hydro GIS '96: Application of geographic information systems in hydrology and water resources management, Proceedings of the Vienna Conference, AIHS Publ. No. 235, pp.307-312.
- Kaijuka, E. (2007) GIS and rural electricity planning in Uganda, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 15, pp.203-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2005.11.057