- Volume 10 Issue 1
The Effect of a Breathing Exercise Intervention on Pulmonary Function after Lung Lobectomy
폐절제술을 받은 환자의 호흡운동중재가 폐기능에 미치는 효과
- Jung, Kyung-Ju (Chonnam National Nniversity Hwasun Hospital) ;
- Lee, Young-Sook (College of Nursing, Chonnam University)
- Received : 2009.12.10
- Accepted : 2010.02.04
- Published : 2010.02.27
Purpose: The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of a breathing exercise intervention by measuring pulmonary function test (PFT) three times; preoperative, 3rd and 5th day after operation. Methods: This study was designed as a non-equivalent control group pretest-posttest design. A total of 55 patients with lung cancer were recruited from a Chonnam university hospital in Hawsun-gun, Korea from January to December 2008. Results: 'Forced Vital Capacity (FVC)' and 'Forced Expiratory Volume in 1 second
- Francois S, Sophie B, Judith H, Antoine F, Ali C, Bernard B, et al. Pulmonary complication following lung resetion. Chest 2000; 118:1263-70. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.118.5.1263
- Seo YH. The effect of respiration strengthening exercise revocery of program on pulmonary function, anxiety and sleep in patient with lung resection surgery [dissertation]. Seoul:Kyung Hee Univ.;2006.
- Choung MW. The effect of active pulmonary physiotherapy on postoperative pulmonary complications [dissertation]. Jinju: Gyungsang National Univ.;1992.
- Roh JS. Development of a critical pathway for patients with lobectomy and pneumonectomy [dissertation]. Seoul:Yonsei Univ.;2003.
- Song MY. The effect of muscle relaxation technique on patient with thoracic surgery [dissertation]. Seoul:Hanyang Univ.;2003.
- Kim HY. A survey of sleep state, sleep promoting activities, sleep disturbing factors and their relationship in abdominal & thoracic surgery patients [dissertation]. Seoul:Seoul National Univ.;2001.
- Jun SJ, Kim KM, Park JS, Lee MH, Cho KS, et al. Adult Nursing. Seoul:Hyunmoon publisher;2005.
- Kim BG, Chae BK, Chang SH. The effects of continuous epidural fentanyl/bupivacaine mixture on analgesia and pulmonary function after thoracotomy. J Korean Soc Anesthesiologists 1992; 25 Suppl: 349-58.
- Jun SC. Adult Nursing. Seoul:Sumoon publisher;1994.
- Celli BR, Rodriguez KS, Snider GL. A controlled trial of intermitten positive pressure breathing, incentive spirometry, and deep breathing exercise in preventing pulmonary complications after abdominal surgery. Am Re Respir Dis 1984;130 Suppl:12.
- Kim HS. The effects of a pulmonary rehabilitation program for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [dissertation]. Seoul:Kyung Hee Univ.;2005.
- Son SY. The effect of deep breathing exercise using an incentive spirometer on pulmonary function in postoperative patients [dissertation]. Daejeon:Chungnam National Univ.;1993.
- Hwang JH, Park HS. The effect of deep breathing methods on pulmonary ventilatory function of patients who experiened upper- abdominal surgery. Korean J Fundam Nurs 1994;2:129-47.
- Lee YR. The effect of preioerative deep breathing education method on recovery of pulmonary function in upper abdominal postoperative patients, The Journal of Catholic Medical College, 1993;48 Suppl:401-410
- Kim EJ. An experimental study of deep breathing exercises using phonation on effect of pulmonary ventilatory function, dyspnea, and duration of chest tube insertion in patients with pneumothorax [dissertation]. Gwangju:Chonnam National Univ.; 2000.
- Thoren L. Postoperative pulmonary complication: observation on their prevention by means of physiotherapy. Acta Chir Scand 1954;107:193.
- Morran CG, Finlay IG, Mckay AJ, Wilson N, McArdle CS. Randomized controlled trial of physiotherapy for postoperative pulmonary complication. Br J Anesth 1983;55 Suppl:1113-7.