- Volume 11 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on Characteristics of pH Control with Amines in the Secondary Side of Nuclear Power Plants
원전 2차 계통에서 아민의 pH 제어 특성 연구
- Rhee, In-H. (Department of Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Ahn, Hyun-Kyoung (Department of Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Park, Byung-Gi (Department of Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Jun, Gwon-Hyuk (Department of Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Ho, Song-Chan (Department of Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- 이인형 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 안현경 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 박병기 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 권혁준 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 송찬호 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과)
- Received : 2010.07.06
- Accepted : 2010.08.10
- Published : 2010.08.31
The pH control agent in PWRs, to insure the integrity of steam generator, was changed from ammonia to ethanolamine(ETA) which decreased pH at condensate system and low pressure feedwater heater drain system, so that several amines were investigated for the selection of the optimum amine. There was no single alternative amine to meet the optimum condition. The more volatile ammonia provides the higher pH in condensate, while the less volatile ETA increases the pH in wet steam area. Thus, the combined amine of ammonia and ETA is able to equally raise the pH in both region so that the flow accelerated corrosion be reduced in the every system of the secondary side and the integrity of steam generator be also improved in pressurized water reactors (PWRs).
- King, P., "Flow-Accelerated Corrosion of Carbon and Low Alloy Steels at Nuclear Steam Generator Temperature", Proceedings: 11th International Conference on Enviromental Degradation of Materials in Nuclear Power Systems, 2003.
- Pavageau, E-M., et al., "Update of the Water Chemistry Effect of the Flow-Accelerated Corrosion Rate of Carbon Steel : Influence of Hydrazine, Boric Acid, Ammonia, Morpholine and ETA", Proceedings: 13th International Conference on Enviromental Degradation of Materials in Nuclear Power Systems, Canada, 2007.
- Fukumura, T. and Arioka, K., "Influence of ETA Injection on Flow Accelerated Corrosion of PWR Secondary System", Proceedings: NACE Corrosion 2009 internation Conference & Expo, 2009.
- Turner, C., et al., "New Insights into Controlling Tube-Bundle Fouling Using Alternative Amines", 4th CNS International Steam Generator Conference, Canada, 2002.
- Cobble, J. and Turner, P., "PWR Advanced All-Volatile Treatment Additives, By-products, and Boric Acid", EPRI, TR-100755, 1992.
- Marks, C., "Amine Effect on Corrosion Product Transports and Steam Generator Fouling", Proceedings: SGMP 2010 Steam Generator Secondary Side Management Conference, EPRI, March, 2010.
- Bignold, G.J., Garbrtt, K., Garnsey, R., and Woolsey, I.S., "Proceedingsof the 8th International Congress on Metallic Corrosion", Mainz, 1981.
- Turner, C., "Identification and Testing of Amines for Steam Generator Chemistry and Deposit Control", EPRI, TR-1002773, December, 2002.