- Volume 11 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Strategic RIS Model for Sustainable Urban Growth Management based upon Smart Growth
도시성장관리를 위한 스마트성장 기반 RIS 전략모형 연구
- Lee, Hee-Won (Division of Architecture, Sunmoon University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Kyu (Depertmant of Urban Engineering, Chungju National University) ;
- Kim, Do-Sik (School of Architecture, Ajou University)
- Received : 2010.06.30
- Accepted : 2010.08.10
- Published : 2010.08.31
Modern urban cities are experiencing various problems like chronic traffic congestion, environmental pollution, reduced open space, shortage of affordable housing, deterioration of old downtown and sprawl. Under these circumstances, the urban sustainability can be grasped in many view points. Among these view points, urban growth management is one of the most recent and important issues that should be implemented by local government for the urban sustainability. This study will investigate the concept of Smart Growth as an executable strategy for the realization of sustainable urban growth management. On the other hand, one of the most important problems that hinder the urban sustainability is the lack of consistency in driving the sustainable strategy originated from the fragility of virtuous cycle of internal organizations themselves. This study will suggest an alternative local government organization model that enables the consistency and virtuous cycle of sustainable urban growth management based upon Regional Innovation System concept.
- Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org
- Lee, Yang-Jae et al., "A Study on the Development of Growth Management Techniques for Seoul", Seoul Development Institute, 1996.
- Smart Growth Online, http://www.smartgrowth.org
- Kim, Yongseok et al., "A Study on the Concept of Smart Growth and Its Implication", Journal of Daejeon-Chungnam Chapter of Architectural Institute of Korea, pp.23-24, 2004.
- Jang, Seiyoung, "A Study on a Strategic Approach of Local Autonomous Entity for Constructing UIS", Master Thesis, Kyounghee University, pp.7-8, 1997.
- Song, Guigeun, "Human Resource Development for RIS", Policy forum for strengthening innovation capability of local university -Kwangju, Jeon-nam Province, Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development, p50, 200.
- Ontario Network on the Regional Innovation System, http://www.utoronto.ca/onris/