- Volume 11 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Task-Based Approach to Website Complexity and The Role of e-Tutor in e-Learning Process
e-러닝 학습자 만족을 이끄는 것은 무엇인가? 지각된 웹사이트 복잡성(Perceived Website Complexity)과 e-튜터(e-Tutor)의 역할
- Lee, Jae-Beom (Graduate School of Business, Sogang University) ;
- Rho, Mi-Jung (Graduate School of Business, Sogang University)
- Received : 2010.06.13
- Accepted : 2010.08.10
- Published : 2010.08.31
In this study, we examine what components of e-learning environment affect e-learners' satisfaction. We focus on the task based approach to perceived website complexity(PWC). We study about the role of e-tutor using the internet, telephone, text message and e-mail etc. To test our model, we collected 235 data from online learners of Korea Culture & Content Agency using survey method. The research was conducted by SPSS15.0. Our results show that the relationship between PWC and e-learner satisfaction was negative. The rules of e-tutor are supporting e-learning service and facilitating recommendation intention. This study provides implications to design future e-learning service, understand user's herd behavior and evaluate learning process developed.
Website complexity;e-learning;e-tutor;e-learner satisfaction;Recommendation intention
- Babin, B. J., Lee, Y. K. and Kim, E. J. and Griffin, M., "Modeling consumer satisfaction and word-of-mouth: restaurant patronage in Korea", Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 133-139, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040510596803
- 고호석, "스포츠이벤트 서비스품질과 참여만족도, 재참가의도, 구전의도간의 관계", 관광연구, 제24권, 제5호, pp. 175-195, 2009.
- 김성혁, 최승만, 권상미, "호텔 레스토랑의 물리적 환경지각이 감정반응, 고객만족, 재구매 의도 및 추천의도에 미치는 영향", 대한관광경영학회, 제23권, 제4호, pp. 81-99, 2009.
- 박동균, "호텔 서비스품질 지각, 만족, 이용의도 및 추천의도 간의 관계", 한국관광.레저학회, 제14권, 제1호, pp. 103-119, 2002.
- 장경수, "농촌관광의 서비스품질이 방문자만족, 재방문의도, 추천의도에 미치는 영향", 관광연구, 제24권, 제6호, pp. 457-472, 2010.
- 이장로, 김미옥, "자동차의 제품속성이 만족도, 재구매의도, 추천 의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 : 중국 소비자를 중심으로", 국제경영리뷰, 제14권, 제1호, pp. 19-53, 2010.
- Geisser, G., Zinkhan G. and Watson R., "Web Home page Complexity and Communication Effectiveness," Journal of the Association for Information System, Vol.2, pp. 15-46, 2001.
- Palmer, J., "Web site Usability, Design, and Performance Metrics," Information System Research, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 150-167, 2002.
- Lindeman, M., "Key Elements of Online Learning", Illinois Online Network Workshop Report, University of Illinois, 2003.
- Bailey, J. E. and Pearson, S. W., "Development of a tool for measuring and analyzing computer user satisfaction", Management Science, Vol.29, No.5, pp. 530-545, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.5.530
- Lindegaard, G. and Dudek, C., "What is this evasive beast we call user satisfaction?", Interacting with Computers, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 429-452, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0953-5438(02)00063-2
- Oliver, R.L., "A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions", Journal of marketing research, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 460-469, 1980. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- Giese, J. L. and Cote, J. A., "Defining Consumer Satisfaction", Academy of Marketing Science Review, Vol.2000, No.1, 2002. Available online http://www.amsreview.org/articles/giese01-2000.pdf
- Chan H. C., Wei, K.K. and Siau, K., "User-database interface-the effect of abstraction levels on query performance," MIS Quarterly, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 441-464, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/249587
- Chan H. C., Wei, K.K. and Siau, K., "An empirical study on end-users update performance for different abstraction levels," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.41, No.3, pp. 309-328, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1006/ijhc.1994.1061
- Cronin, J. J. and Taylor, S. A., "Measuring service quality: A reexamination and extension", Journal of Marketing, Vol.56, pp. 55-68, 1992.
- Chang, T. Z. and Wildt, A. R., "Price, Product Information, and Purchase Intention: An Empirical Study", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 16-27, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394221002
- Oliver, R.L. and Swan, J.E., "Consumer Perceptions of Interpersonal Equity and Satisfaction in Transactions: A Field Survey Approach", The Journal of Marketing, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 21-35, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251411
- Hui, T. K., Wan, D. and Hoa, A., "Tourists' satisfaction, recommendation and revisiting Singapore", Tourism Management, Vol.28, Issue4, pp. 965-975, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.08.008
- Wood, R. E., "Task Complexity: Definition of a Construct," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.31, pp. 60-82, 1986.
- Song, G. and Salvendy, G., "A framework for reuse of user experience in Web browsing, Behaviour and Information Technology, Vol.22, Issue2, pp. 79-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/0144929031000092231
- Hoffman, D. L. and Novak, T. P. "Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations", Journal of Marketing, Vol.60, pp. 50-68, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- Johnson, GM. and Bratt, SE., "Technology education students: e-tutors for school children", British Journal of Educational Technology, Vol.40, Issue.1, pp. 32-41, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2007.00805.x
- Brigley, S. and Kell, C., "External tutors and academic departments: supporting distance learners on a teaching certificate course", Open Learning: The Journal of Open and Distance Learning, Vol.22, Issue3, pp. 251-262, 2007.
- Richardson, J. T. E., Long, G. L. and Woodley, A., "Academic Engagement and Perceptions of Quality in Distance Education, Open Learning", The Journal of Open and Distance Learning, Vol.18, Issue 3, pp. 223-244, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/0268051032000131008
- Moore, M. G., "Editorial: Three types of interaction", American Journal of Distance Education, Vol.3, Issue2, pp. 1-7, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1080/08923648909526659
- Jones, N. and O'Shea, J., "Challenging hierarchies: The impact of e-learning", Higher Education, Vol.48, No.3, pp. 379-395, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:HIGH.0000035560.32573.d0
- Jelfs, A., Richardson, J. T. E. and Price, L., "Student and tutor perceptions of effective tutoring in distance education", Distance Education, Vol.30, Issue3, pp. 419-441, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/01587910903236551
- Ehlers, U. D., "Quality in e-Learning from a Learner's Perspective, EURODL", the best paper award at the third EDEN Research Workshop 2004, Oldenburg, Germany. 2004.
- 장정주, 고일상, 정철, "e-러닝 시스템 특성이 학습자 몰입과 학습만족에 미치는 영향", Journal of Information Technology Applications and Management, 제15권, 제1호, pp. 99-116, 2008.
- Wang, Y. S., Wang, H. Y. and Shee, D. Y., "Measuring e-learning systems success in an organizational context: Scale development and validation", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.23, Issue4, pp. 1792-1808, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2005.10.006
- Sun, P. C., Tsai, R. J. and Finger, G. and Chen, Y. Y. and Yeh, D., "What drives a successful e-Learning? An empirical investigation of the critical factors influencing learner satisfaction", Computers and Education, Vol.50, Issue4, pp. 1183-1202, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2006.11.007
- Alexander, S., "E-learning developments and experiences", Education+Training, Vol.43, Issue:4.5, pp. 240-248, 2001.
- Shee, D. Y. and Wang, Y. S., "Multi-criteria evaluation of the web-based e-learning system: A methodology based on learner satisfaction and its applications", Computers and Education, Vol.50, Issue3, pp. 894-905, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2006.09.005
- Sugianto, L. F. and Tojib, D. R., "Modeling User Satisfaction With an Employee Portal", International Journal of Business and information, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 239-255, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBIS.2006.008598
- Wang, Y. S., "Assessment of learner satisfaction with asynchronous electronic learning systems", Information and Management, Vol.41, Issue1, pp. 75-86, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(03)00028-4
- Motiwalla, L. F., "Mobile learning: A framework and evaluation", Computers and Education, Vol.49, Issue3, pp. 581-596, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2005.10.011
- Mayer, R. E., "The promise of multimedia learning: using the same instructional design methods across different media", Learning and Instruction, Vol.13, Issue2, pp. 125-139, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-4752(02)00016-6
- Nadkarni, S. and Gupta, R., "A Task-Based Model of Perceived Website Complexity," MIS Quarterly, Vol.31, pp. 501-524, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148805
- Campbell, D. J., "Task Complexity: A Review and Analysis", The Academy of Management Review, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 40-52, 1988.
- Schwab, D. P. and Cummings, L. L., "A Theoretical Analysis of the Impact of Task Scope on Employee Performance", The Academy of Management Review, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 23-35, 1976. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1976.4408660
- Swan, K., "Virtual interaction: Design factors affecting student satisfaction and perceived learning in asynchronous online courses", Distance Education, Vol.22, Issue2, pp. 306-331, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/0158791010220208
- Topi, H., Valacich, J. S. and Hoffer, J. A., "The effects of task complexity and time availability limitations on human performance in database query tasks," International journal of human-computer studies, Vol.62, pp. 349-379, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2004.10.003
- Piccoli, G., Ahmad, R. and Ives, B., "Web-Based Virtual Learning Environments: A Research Framework and a Preliminary Assessment of Effectiveness in Basic IT Skills Training", MIS Quarterly, Vol.25, No.4, pp. 401-426, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250989
- 진위교, 장이철, "학교, 기업 교육을 위한 멀티미디어설계의 원리와 기법", 문음사, 1998.
- 김상현, "e-러닝 특성과 사용자의 전반적 만족 및 재이용 의향과의 관계", 경기대학교 대학원 박사학위 논문, 2005.
- Denard, H., "E-tutoring and the transformations in online learning", Interactions, Vol.7, No.2, 2003. Available online http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/cap/resources/pubs/interactions/archive/issue20/denard
- Berge, Z. L., "Active, Interactive, and Reflective eLearning", Quarterly Review of Distance Education, Vol.3, Issue2, pp. 181-90, 2002.
- Eggert, A. and Ulaga, W., "Customer perceived value: A substitute for satisfaction in business markets?", Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol.17, No.2.3, pp. 107-118, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/08858620210419754
- Churchill, A. G., "A Paradigm for Developing Better Measures of Marketing Constructs," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.16, pp. 64-73, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150876