- Volume 47 Issue 2
Assessment of the Surface Quality of the Filament-Core Ring Spun Yarns
필라멘트 링 코어사의 표면 피복 품질 평가
- Kim, Hyung-Jin (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School Kyunghee University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Seong (Laboratory for Intelligent Process and Control, Kyunghee University) ;
- Huh, You (Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Kyunghee University)
- Received : 2009.11.12
- Accepted : 2010.02.23
- Published : 2010.04.30
To evaluate the surface quality of ring core spun yarns, we set up a quality measurement system that operated on the basis of a CCD camera along with specific software programs that recognised the surfaced core filaments. The acquired images were transformed to binary states and filtered through a moving window. By defining a quantitative index by means of the number of defects per length of the specimen, the effects of the processing variables such as production speed and traveller mass on the surface quality of core spun yarns were investigated. Results demonstrated that the new measuring system could be applied effectively to assess the core coverage of yarns. There existed some optimal levels of yarn production speed and traveller mass that led to a minimum occurrence of the surface defects of core spun yarns.
- Y. Aydogmus and H. M. Behery, " Spinning Limits of the Friction Spinning System (DREF-III)", Text Res J, 1999, 69(12), 925-939. https://doi.org/10.1177/004051759906901207
- J. K. Lee, "A Study on the Core-Spun Yarn", J Korean Fiber Soc, 1976, 13(2), 36-41.
- S. K. Suk， E. S. Lee, J. R. Lee, and J. K. Lee, "A Study on the Physical Properties of the Core-Spun Yarn", J Korean Fiber Soc, 1978, 15(1), 23-31.
- Y. Matsumoto, I. Tsuchiya, K. Toriumi, and K. Harakawa, "Silk/Cotton/Scoured Silk Core Twin Spun Yarns", Text Res J, 1991, 61(3), 131-136. https://doi.org/10.1177/004051759106100302
- A. P. S. Sawhney, G. F. Ruppenicker, L. B. Kimmel, and K. Q. Robert, "Comparison of Filament-core Spun Yarns Produced by New and Conventional Methods", Text Res J, 1992, 62(2), 67-73. https://doi.org/10.1177/004051759206200202
- O. Babaarslan, "Method of Producing a Polyester/Viscose Core-Spun Yarn Containing Spandex Using a Modified Ring Spinning Frame", Text Res J, 2001，71(4), 367-371. https://doi.org/10.1177/004051750107100415
- Y. Huh， Y. R. Kim, and W. Y Ryu, "Three-Dimensional Analysis of Migration and Staple Yam Structure", Text Res J, 2001, 71(1), 81-90. https://doi.org/10.1177/004051750107100113
- Y. Huh， H. J. Kim, and J. S. Kim, "Tension Dynamics of the Fibers in a Triangular Plane Flow of Bundle", Fiber Polym, 2008, 9, 349-354. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12221-008-0056-7