- Volume 14 Issue 5
WiBro(Wireless Broadband Internet) is the standard of high-speed portable internet based on OFDMA/TDD (Orthogonal frequency division multiple access / Time division duplexing) techniques, and the subset of consolidated version of IEEE802.16e Wireless MAN standard. In this paper, we propose performance improvements of WiBro system using the 64QAM SOFM(Self-Organizing Feature Maps)prefiltering. Proposed method used the prefiltering SOFM neural network blind equalization in the Broadband 64 QAM WiBro system receiver. The prefiltering SOFM neural network constellates 64QAM that is transmitter data shape and the blind equalization removes ICI(Inter Carrier Interference). To verificate the proposed method usability, the MSE and the BER are simulated. The simulation results shown that is improved the performances of the proposed WiBro system using the 64QAM SOFM Prefiltering than the existing WiBro system.
- TTAS. KO-06.0082/R1, "Specifications for 2.3GHz band Portable Internet Service : physical access control layer," Dec. 2005.
- Y. Peng et al. "Performance of Convolutional Turbo Coded High-speed Portable Internet (WiBro) System," VTC2007-spring IEEE 65th. 22-25 pp. 730-734, April 2007
- F. Yang et al. "Low complexity intercarrier interference equalization technique in OFDM system," IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. e89-b, no. 7, pp. 2043-2049, July 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e89-b.7.2043
- B. P. Lathi, Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems, Saunders Colleg publishing, 2nd ed. 1989.
- S. Haykin, Blind Deconvolution, Englewood Cliffs, NJ : Prentice-Hall, 1994.
- J. Hertz et al. "Introduction to the theory of neural computation," Santa fe institute I, Addison Wesley, 1991.
- T. Kohonen et al. "Combining linear equalization and self-organizing adaptation in dynamic discrete signal detection," IJCNN, Sandiego. June 1990.
- Recommendation ITU-R M.1225, "Guidelines for evaluation of radio transmission technologies for IMT-2000", 1997.