- Volume 47 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influence of the Character of Fly Ash on the Fluidity of Fly Ash Cement Paste
- Lee, Seung-Heun (Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Kunsan National University) ;
- Sakai, Etsuo (Department of Metallurgy and Ceramic Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2010.08.30
- Accepted : 2010.09.17
- Published : 2010.09.30
The Influence of the character of fly ash on the fluidity of cement paste with a polycarboxylic acid type superplasticizer was investigated in connection with the particle size distribution, unburned carbon content, specific surface area and shape of the fly ash. The fluidity of the fly ash cement paste with an added 20 vol% fly ash increases with an increasing roundness of the fly ash and it decreases with an increasing n-value of the fly ash cement. There is a linear correlation between the roundness/n-value and the fluidity of fly ash cement paste.
- D. Shindo and H. Matsuoka, "The Effect of Materials Quality on Properties of Super Workable Concrete," Proceeding of the JCI, 14  78-83 (1992).
- S.H. Lee, E. Sakai, M. Daimon, and W.K. Bang, "Characterization of Fly Ash Directly Collected from Electrostatic Precipitator," Cem. Concr. Res., 29  1791-97 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(99)00169-6
- S. Hosino, Y. Ohba, E. Sakai, and M. Daimon, "Relation between the Properties of Inorganic Powders and the Fluidity of Cement Pastes," JCA Proceedings of Cement & Concrete, 50 186-91 (1996).
- S. Hosino, Y. Ohba, E. Sakai, and M. Daimon, "The Fluidity of Cement Paste with Various Classified Lime Stones and Prepared Lime Stone," The 49th Annual Meeting of JCA, 49 484-89 (1995).
- S. Nagataki, E. Sakai, and T. Takeuchi, "The Fluidity of Fly Ash Cement Paste with Superplasticizer," Cem. Concr. Res., 14  631-38 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(84)90025-5