- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Environmentally-friendly Control of Soil Nematode by Crashed-rape (Brassica naptus) seed
유채 종실을 이용한 뿌리혹선충의 친환경적 방제
- Kim, Hee-Kwon (Future Agricultural Research Institution of Jeollanamdo provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Ma, Kyung-Cheol (Future Agricultural Research Institution of Jeollanamdo provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Myeong-Seok (Future Agricultural Research Institution of Jeollanamdo provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Bang, Geuk-Pil (Future Agricultural Research Institution of Jeollanamdo provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Joung-Keun (Future Agricultural Research Institution of Jeollanamdo provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Park, Min-Soo (Future Agricultural Research Institution of Jeollanamdo provincial Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- 김희권 (전라남도농업기술원 미래농업연구소) ;
- 마경철 (전라남도농업기술원 미래농업연구소) ;
- 김명석 (전라남도농업기술원 미래농업연구소) ;
- 방극필 (전라남도농업기술원 미래농업연구소) ;
- 김정근 (전라남도농업기술원 미래농업연구소) ;
- 박민수 (전라남도농업기술원 미래농업연구소)
- Received : 2010.04.06
- Accepted : 2010.09.12
- Published : 2010.09.30
The present studies were carried out for three years from 2007 until 2009 to control nematode and to increase yield of cucumber by crashed-rape seed application at polyethylene film house. Crashed-rape seed has a lot of glucosinolate. Myrosinase decompose gulcosinolate into isothiocyanate and thiocyanate when crashedrape seed go to decay at soil. Those chemical compounds act on poison to nematode at soil. When the crashedrape seed treated at soil, an amount of thiocyanate at soil was risen up. Thiocyanate of plot treated with 200 and 400 kg crashed-rape seed per 10a was 30 and 40 mg/kg, respectively. Nematode(meloidogyne spp) population at soil was 13 to 17 nematodes per dried soil 300g. Yield of cucumber increased 6 to 15 percent to be compared with control. While, Nematode(meloidogyne spp) population of control plot were 463 nematodes per dried soil 300 g. This level was much higher than 150 nematodes which can be brought about injury to plant. Even if the more an amount of crashed-rape seed application, the higher yield of cucumber and control effect of nematode. Consider economical efficiency, 200 kg of crashed-rape seed per 10a was the most effective. Therefore, we suggest applying 200 kg of crashed-rape seed per 10a to control soil nematode when culture cucumber at plastic film house.
Crashed-rape seed;Cucumber;Nematode;Plastic film house;Soil
- Brown, P.D., Morra, M.J., 1996. Hydrolysis products of glucosinolates in Brassica napustissues as inhibitors of seed germination, Plant and Soil. 181, 307-316. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00012065
- Collins, H.P., Alva, A., Boydston, R. A., Cochran, R. L., Hamm. P.B., McGuire. A., Riga, E., 2006. Soil microbial, fungal, and nematode responses to soil fumigation and cover crops under potato production, Biol Fertil Soils. 42, 247-257. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00374-005-0022-0
- Hasen, M., Moller, P., Sorensen H., 1995. Glucosinolate in broccoli stored undercontrolled atmosphere, J. Amer. Soc. Sci. 120(6), 1069-1074.
- Halbrendt J.M., 1996. Alleopathy in the management of plant-parasitic nematode, Journal of Nematology. 28(1), 8-14.
- Karcher A., Hassan A., Melouk, and Ziad EI Rassi, 1999. High-performance Liquid Phase Separation of Glucosides. 5. Determination of Individual Glucosinolate in Cabbage and Rapeseed by Laser-Induced Fluorescene Capillary Electrophoresis via the Enzymatically Released Isothiocyanate Aglycon, J. Agri. Food Chem., 47, 4267-4274 https://doi.org/10.1021/jf990578w
- Kim, H.H., Choo, H.Y., Park, C.G., Lee, S.M., Kim J.B., 1998. Biological control of the Nothern Rootknot Nematode, Meloidpgyne hapla with Plant Extract, Korean Journal of applied entomology. 37(2), 119-122.
- Kim, H.L., Weon, H.Y., Sohn, B.K., Choi, Y.H., Kwack, Y.B., 2009. Microbial Community Changes in the Soil of Plastic Film House as Affected by Anaerobic Fermentation of Rice Bran or Wheat Bran, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42(5), 341-347.
- Manish, Nivsarkar., Baqu, Cherian., Harish, Padh., 2001. Alpha-terthienyl : A plant-derived new generation insecticide, Current science. 81(6), 667.
- McSorley R., Ozores-Hamton M., Stanly P.A. and Conner M., 1999. Nematode Management, Soil Fertility and Yield in Oranic Vegetable Production, NMTROPICA. 29(2), 206-213.
- National Academy of Agriculture Science, 2000. Method of soil and crop plant analysis.
- National Academy of Agriculture Science, 2001. An illustrated plant parasite nematode book
- Oerlemans, K., Diane, M.B., Saudes, C.B., Verke, R., Dekker, M., 2006. Thermal degradation of glucosinolate in red cabbage, Food Chemistry. 95, 19-29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2004.12.013
- Rural Development Administration, 2001. Method of Cucumber Culture.
- Southey, J.F., 1986. Laboratory methods for with plant and soil nematodes. Her Majesty’s Stationery Office. London 202.
- Thomas S. H., 1995. Population Densities of Nematodes Under Seven Tillage Reimes, Journal of Nmatology, 10(1), 24-27.
- Tripathi, A. N., ehikhalikar, S., Patel, K. S., 1997. Flow injection analysis of iron in rain water with thiocyanate and surfactant, Journal of Automatic Chemistry. 19(2), 45-50. https://doi.org/10.1155/S1463924697000072
- Zaia, D.A.M., Santana, H.D., Toppan, R., Zaia C.T.V.B., 2004. Synthesis of guanidine from ammonium thiocyanate in solide state, J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 15(2), 190-198. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0103-50532004000200006
- The Effect Control of Root-knot Nematode by Using Rapeseed Meal in Continuous Cultivation at Greenhouse vol.28, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.1.093
- Photodynamic apoptosis and antioxidant activities of Brassica napus extracts in U937 and SK-HEP-1 cells vol.60, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13765-017-0295-7