- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Distributed Message Allocation Method of CAN System with Dual Communication Channels
중복 통신 채널을 가진 CAN 시스템에서 분산 메시지 할당 방법에 관한 연구
- Kim, Man-Ho (Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Gap (Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Suk (Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Chang (Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2010.03.29
- Accepted : 2010.07.13
- Published : 2010.10.01
The CAN (Controller Area Network) system is the most dominant protocol for in-vehicle networking system because it provides bounded transmission delay among ECUs (Electronic Control Units) at data rates between 125Kbps and 1Mbps. And, many automotive companies have chosen the CAN protocol for their in-vehicle networking system such as chassis network system because of its excellent communication characteristics. However, the increasing number of ECUs and the need for more intelligent functions such as ADASs (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) or IVISs (In-Vehicle Information Systems) require a network with more network capacity and the real-time QoS (Quality-of-Service). As one approach to enhancing the network capacity of a CAN system, this paper introduces a CAN system with dual communication channel. And, this paper presents a distributed message allocation method that allocates messages to the more appropriate channel using forecast traffic of each channel. Finally, an experimental testbed using commercial off-the-shelf microcontrollers with two CAN protocol controllers was used to demonstrate the feasibility of the CAN system with dual communication channel using the distributed message allocation method.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- M. H. Kim, K. C. Lee, and S. Lee, "Kalman predictive redundancy system for fault tolerance of safety-critical systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 46-53, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2009.2020566
- K. C. Lee, M. H. Kim, S. Lee, and H. H. Lee, "IEEE-1451-based smart module for in-vehicle networking systems of intelligent vehicles," Proc. of IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Pusan, Korea, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1150-1158, 2002.
- M. H. Kim, S. T. Lee, and J. W. Son, "Age-related physical and emotional characteristics to safety warning sounds: design guidelines for intelligent vehicles," Proc. of IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part C, Daegu, Korea, vol. 40, no. 5, sep. 2010.
- 이재관, 이인식, "지능형 안전 자동차의 기술 개발 동향," 오토 저널, 제 28권, 제 4호, pp. 22-27, 2006.
- G. Leen and D. Heffernan, "Expanding automotive electronic systems," Computer, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 88-93, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/2.976923
- 이석, 김만호, 이경창, "차량용 네트워크 기술 연구 동향," 한국정밀공학회 논문집, 제23권, 제9호, pp. 7-14, 2006.
- G. Cena, A. Valenzano, and S. Vitturi, "Advances, in automotive digital communications," Computer Standards & Interfaces, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 665-678, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csi.2004.12.005
- Robert Bosch GmbH, "CAN Specification Version 2.0," 1991.
- 연제명, 선우명호, 이우택, "LIN 프로토콜 시간 모델링 및 메시지 응답 시간 해석에 관한 연구," 한국자동차공학회 논문집, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 48-55, 2005.
- 이석, 하경남, 이경창, "Controller Area Network의 실시간 서비스 품질 향상을 위한 동적 ID 할당 알고리즘 개발," 한국정밀공학회 논문집, 제26권, 제10호, pp. 40-46, 2009.
- J. Sommer and R. Blind, "Optimized resource dimensioning in an embedded CAN-CAN gateway," International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems 2007, pp. 55-62, 2007.
- S. Shaheen, D. Heffernan, and G. Leen, "A gateway for timetriggered control networks," Microprocessors and Microsystems, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 38-50, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micpro.2006.07.003
- M. Shin and M. Sunwoo, "Optimal period and priority assignment for a networked control system scheduled by a fixed priority scheduling system," International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 39-48, 2007.
- N. Navet, Y. Song, F. Simonot-Lion, and C. Wilwert, "Trends in automotive communication systems," Proc. of the IEEE, France, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 1204-1223, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2005.849725
- R. Cummings, "Easing the transition of system designs from CAN to FlexRay," SAE Paper No. 2008-01-0804, 2008.
- S. Lee, D. H. Lee, M. H. Kim, and K. C. Lee, "Traffic-balancing algorithm for CAN systems with dual communication channels to enhance the network capacity," International Journal of Automotive Technology, to be printed. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-010-0064-7
- M. H. Kim, K. N. Ha, K. C. Lee, and S. Lee, "Traffic prediction of CAN network system with dual communication channels," International Conference on Control, Automation and System 2008, pp. 397-400, 2008.
- E. S. and Jr., Gardner, "Exponential smoothing: The state of the art-Part II," International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 637-666, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijforecast.2006.03.005