- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Convolution-based Desired Trajectory Generation Method Considering System Specifications
시스템 사양을 고려한 컨볼루션 기반 목표궤적 생성 방법
- Lee, Geon (Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Young-Jin (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Hyun (Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2010.03.29
- Accepted : 2010.08.06
- Published : 2010.10.01
Most motion control systems consist of a desired trajectory generator, a motion controller such as a conventional PID controller, and a plant to be controlled. The desired trajectory generator as well as the motion controller is very important to achieve a good tracking performance. Especially, if the desired trajectory is generated actively utilizing the maximum velocity, acceleration, jerk and snap as given system specifications, the tracking performance would be better. For this, we make use of the properties of convolution operator in order to generate a smooth (S-curve) trajectory satisfying the system specifications. Also, the proposed trajectory generation method is extended to more general cases with arbitrary initial and terminal conditions. In addition, the suggested trajectory generator can be easily realized for real-time implementation. Finally, the effectiveness of the suggested method is shown through numerical simulations.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. J. Craig, Introduction to Robotics, New York: Addison-Wesley, 1989.
- D. Constantinescu and E. A. Croft, "Smooth and time-optimal trajectory planning for industrial manipulators along specified paths," Trans. on Journal of Robotic System, vol. 17, pp. 233-249, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4563(200005)17:5<233::AID-ROB1>3.0.CO;2-Y
- Y. Mizoshita, S. Hasegawa, and K. Takaishi, "Vibration minimized access control for disk drives," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, vol. 32, pp. 1793-1798, May 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.492867
- J. W. Jeon and Y. Y. Ha, "A generalized approach for the acceleration and deceleration of industrial robots and CNC machine tools," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 47, pp. 133-139, Feb. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.824135
- K. T. Ahn, J. S. Cho, and W. K. Chung, "Discrete trajectory formation in comparison with the analytical method for smooth movements," Proc. of IEEE Int. conf. on Industrial Electronics, Paris, pp. 4462-4467, Nov. 2006.
- S. Macfarlane and E. A. Croft, "Jerk-bounded manipulator trajectory planning: design for real-time applications," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol. 19, pp. 42-52, Feb. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.807548
- K. S. Fu, R. C. Gonzalez, and C. S. G. Lee, Robotics: Control, Sensing, Vision and Intelligence. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1987.
- S.-H. Nam and M.-Y. Yang, "A study on a generalized parametric interpolator with real-time jerk-limited acceleration," Trans. on Computer-Aided Design, vol. 36, pp. 27-36, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(03)00066-6
- K. D. Nguyen, I.-M. Chen, and T.-C. Ng, "Planning algorithms for s-curve trajectories," Proc. of Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 1-6, Sep. 2007.
- P. Lambreshts, M. Boerlage, and M. Steinbuch, "Trajectory planning and feedforward design for electromechanical motion systems," Trans. on Control Engineering Practice, vol. 13, pp. 145-157, Feb. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2004.02.010
- K. Erkorkmaz and Y. Altintas, "High speed CNC system design. Part I: jerk limited trajectory generation and quintic spline interpolation," Trans. on Int. Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 41, pp. 1323-1345, Jul. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(01)00002-5
- J. E. Bobrow, S. Dubowsky, and J. S. Gibson, "Time-optimal control of robotic manipulators along specified paths," Trans. on Int. Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 4, pp. 3-17, 1985.
- D. S. Khalsa, "High performance motion control trajectory commands based on the convolution integral and digital filtering," Proc. of Int. Conf. on Intelligent Motion, pp. 54-61, Oct. 1990.
- K.-H. Su, S.-K. Hu, and M.-Y. Cheng, "Design and implementation of an FPGA-based motion command generation chip," Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 5030-5035, Oct. 2006.
- Joint Space Trajectory Planning Considering Physical Limits for Two-wheeled Mobile Robots vol.19, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1860