- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Neural Network Control of Humanoid Robot
휴머노이드 로봇의 뉴럴네트워크 제어
- Kim, Dong-W. (Inha Technical College) ;
- Kim, Nak-Hyun (Hyundai Mobis) ;
- Park, Gwi-Tae (Korea University)
- Received : 2010.06.10
- Accepted : 2010.07.20
- Published : 2010.10.01
This paper handles ZMP based control that is inspired by neural networks for humanoid robot walking on varying sloped surfaces. Humanoid robots are currently one of the most exciting research topics in the field of robotics, and maintaining stability while they are standing, walking or moving is a key concern. To ensure a steady and smooth walking gait of such robots, a feedforward type of neural network architecture, trained by the back propagation algorithm is employed. The inputs and outputs of the neural network architecture are the ZMPx and ZMPy errors of the robot, and the x, y positions of the robot, respectively. The neural network developed allows the controller to generate the desired balance of the robot positions, resulting in a steady gait for the robot as it moves around on a flat floor, and when it is descending slope. In this paper, experiments of humanoid robot walking are carried out, in which the actual position data from a prototype robot are measured in real time situations, and fed into a neural network inspired controller designed for stable bipedal walking.
Supported by : 인하공업전문대학
- B. Siciliano and O. Khatib (Eds), Springer Handbook of Robotics, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008.
- R. K. Jha, B. Singh, and D. K. Pratihar, "On-line stable gait generation of a two-legged robot using a genetic–fuzzy system," Robot. Auton. Syst., vol. 53, pp. 15-35, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2005.06.006
- S. Murakami, E. Yamamoto, and K. Fujimoto, "Fuzzy Control of Dynamic Biped Walking Robot," Proc. of the 4th IEE International joint conference on fuzzy systems, vol. 1, pp. 77-82, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/FUZZY.1995.409663
- H. Wongsuwarn and D. Laowattana, "Neuro-fuzzy algorithm for a biped robotic system," Int. J applied Mathematics and Comp. Sci, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 195-201, 2007.
- M. Y. Shieh, K. H. Chang, and Y. S. Lia, "Design of a biped locomotion controller based on adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference systems," J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. vol. 96, pp. 1-8, 2008.
- K. Hirai, M. Hirose, Y. Haikawa, and T. Takenaka, "The development of Honda humanoid robot," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Leuven, Belgium, vol. 2, pp. 1321-1326, May 1998.
- M. Vukobratovic, B. Brovac, D. Surla, and S. Stokic, Biped locomotion, Springer Verlag, New York, NY, 1990.
- D. Kim, S. J. Seo, and G. T. Park, "Zero-moment point trajectory modeling of a biped walking robot using an adaptive neurofuzzy systems," IET. Control Theory Appl., vol. 152, pp. 411-426, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:20045007
- D. Kim and G. T. Park, Advanced Humanoid Robot Based on the Evolutionary Inductive Self-organizing Network, Humanoid Robots-New Developments, pp. 449-466, 2007.
- M. Vukobratovic and B. Brovac, "Zero-moment point-thirty five years of its life," Int. J. Humanoid Robotics, vol. 1, pp. 157-173, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219843604000083
- Q. Huang, K. Yokoi, S. Kajita, K. Kaneko, H. Arai, N. Koyachi, and K. Tanie, "Planning walking patterns for a biped robot," IEEE Trans. Robotics Automation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 280-288, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.938385
- J. Jang, C. Sun, and E. Mizutani, Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing: A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence, Prentice-Hall, 1997.
- C. Lin and C. G. Lee, Neural Fuzzy Systems: A Neuro-Fuzzy Synergism to Intelligent Systems, Prentice-Hall, 1996.