- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Organization of Sensor System and User's Intent Detection Algorithm for Rehabilitation Robot
보행보조 재활로봇의 센서 시스템 구성 및 사용자 의도 감지 알고리즘
- Jung, Jun-Young (University of Science & Technology) ;
- Park, Hyun-Sub (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Lee, Duk-Yeon (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Jang, In-Hun (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Lee, Dong-Wook (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Lee, Ho-Gil (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology)
- 정준영 (과학기술연합대학원대학교 지능형로봇공학) ;
- 박현섭 (한국생산기술연구원 지능형로봇연구부) ;
- 이덕연 (한국생산기술연구원 지능형로봇연구부) ;
- 장인훈 (한국생산기술연구원 지능형로봇연구부) ;
- 이동욱 (한국생산기술연구원 지능형로봇연구부) ;
- 이호길 (한국생산기술연구원 지능형로봇연구부)
- Received : 2010.06.10
- Accepted : 2010.07.20
- Published : 2010.10.01
In this paper, we propose the organization of a sensor system and user's intent detection algorithm for walking assist rehabilitation robots. The main purpose of walking assist rehabilitation robots is assisting SCI patients to walk in normal environment. To use walking assist rehabilitation robot in normal environment, it is needed to consider various factors about user's safety and detection of user's intent and so on. For these purposes, we have analyzed the use case of rehabilitation robots and organized the system of sensors for walking assist rehabilitation robots and finally, we have developed the algorithm which is used to detect user's intent for those. We applied our proposal method in the rehabilitation robot, ROBIN, and verified their effectiveness by normal, not patient.
Supported by : 지식경제부, 정보통신산업진흥원
- G. Colombo, M. Joerg, R. Schreier, and V. Dietz, "Treadmill traning of paraplegic patients using a robotic orthosis," Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, vol. 37, no. 6, 2000.
- J. F. Veneman et al., "Design and evaluation of the Lopes exoskeleton robot for interactive gait rehabilitation," Neural Systems And Rehabilitation Engineering, IEEE Transactions On Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 379-386, Sep. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSRE.2007.903919
- D. J. Reinkensmeyer, et al, "Tools for understanding and optimizing robotic Gait Training," Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 657-670, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1682/JRRD.2005.04.0073
- S. Hesse and D. Uhlenbrock, "A mechanized gait trainer for restoration of gait," Journal of rehabilitation research & development, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 701-708, 2000.
- H. Schmidt, S. Hesse, R. Bernhardt, and J. Kruger, "Haptic Walker-a novel haptic foot device," ACM Transactions on Applied Perception, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 166-180, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1060581.1060589
- "Autoambulator" [Online]. Available: http://www.autoambulator.com
- H. Kawamoto and Y. Sankai, "Power assist system hal-3 for gait disorder person," Proc. of International Conference on Computers for Handicapped Persons, vol. 2398, pp. 196-203, 2002.