- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Case Study of Wind Farm Design Using OpenWind - Youngdeok Wind Farm
OpenWind를 이용한 풍력단지설계 사례연구 -영덕풍력단지
- Kim, Hyun-Goo (Wind Energy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Hwang, Hyo-Jeong (GIS Team, WoorimTech) ;
- Kim, Ju-Hyun (Department of Information Communications Eng., Chungnam National University) ;
- Ko, Soo-Hee (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jung, Woo-Sik (Department of Atmospheric Environment Information Engineering, Inje University)
- 김현구 (한국에너지기술연구원 풍력발전연구센터) ;
- 황효정 (우림텍 지리정보팀) ;
- 김주현 (충남대학교 정보통계학과) ;
- 고수희 (충남대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 정우식 (인제대학교 대기환경정보공학과)
- Received : 2010.07.16
- Accepted : 2010.08.14
- Published : 2010.09.30
A case study for the design of a wind farm in complex terrain was carried out using the wind farm site analysis software OpenWind, which has an open-source platform and is free to use. The Youngdeok Wind Farm, constructed on mountainous terrain in Korea, was chosen as a model site; the design process reproduced using OpenWind. A comparison of the positions of the wind turbine derived from the OpenWind optimization process and the current positions were in good agreement. The annual energy production predicted by OpenWind compared with the prediction by the micrositing software, WindSim, were also validated to within 1%. Therefore, it was confirmed that OpenWind can be used for a practical wind farm design project. It is also anticipating that this paper will provide a prototype process for the design of a wind farm site and offer a database for the post-evaluation of a constructed wind farm in Korea.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술연구원
- 김현구, 송규봉, 황선영, 윤진호, 황효정, 2009, 국가바람 지도 및 지리정보시스템 기반의 해상풍력단지 입지 전략 연구, 한국환경과학회지, 18(8), 877-883.
- Ainslie, J. F., 1988, Calculating the flow field in the wake of wind turbines, J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 27, 213-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(88)90037-2
- AWS Truepower, 2010, OpenWind theoretical basis and validation version 1.3, AWS Truepower, LLC, USA.
- Ishihara, T., Yamaguchi, A., Fujino, Y., 2004, Development of a new wake model based on a wind tunnel experiment, Proceedings of the Global Wind Power.
- Katic, I., Højstrup, J., Jensen, N. O., 1996, A Simple model for cluster efficiency, Proceedings of the European Wind Energy Conference, Rome, Italy.
- Larsen, C. G., 1988, A simple wake calculation procedure, Riso-M-2760, Riso Laboratory, Denmark.
- Meissner, C., Gravdahl, A. R., Steensen, B., 2009, Including thermal effects in CFD wind flow simulations, 한국환경과학회지, 18(8), 833-839. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.8.833