- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Planting Status and Improvement Plan of School Forest in the Elementary Schools at Chung-ju City
충주시 초등학교 학교숲 식재현황과 개선방안
- Ju, Jin-Hee (Department of Forest Science Graduate School, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Won-Tae (Department of Environment and Landscape Architecture, Cheonanyonam College) ;
- Kuk, Ji-Ha (Department of Forest Science Graduate School, Konkuk University) ;
- Yoon, Yong-Han (Department of Forest Science Graduate School, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2010.06.05
- Accepted : 2010.08.22
- Published : 2010.09.30
This study investigated the status of planting status of school's flower of 11 elementary schools located in Chung-ju and its results were as follows. Totally 3,502 trees were planted in the 11 schools and the number of species of the trees was 103. For tall tree Thuja orientalis was planted most frequently and for shrub Buxus microphylla was done in the largest number of the schools. In addition, the number of trees planted in a school was averagely two times more in the model schools than in the other ones, and the average number of species of trees was also over three times more in the model schools. When the number of species of trees was examined according to their types, decidous broad leaved tree was found most frequently overall and the model schools had more various species of decidous tree compared to the other ones. Investigation on designation of school's flower and tree with the 11 elementary school, revealed similar results with those of previous studies performed with the schools in other areas and the tendency meant that the designation was uniform to some degree. Moreover, as only a few school's flower and tree were planted or no one was done in some schools, the species of school's flower and tree needed to be determined by considering characteristics and school percepts of a school as well as local features and circumstances of a region. In addition, more efforts should be made to infuse love for school and to improve quality of education by increasing the planting rate of school's flower and tree and by focusing them.
- 강기원, 정용문, 1998, 충남 공주지역 초등학교의 조경수목 식재현황과 학교원 관리 실태분석, 한국식물인간환경학회지, 1(2), 17-24.
- 김수봉, 정응호, 심지혜, 2005, 대구광역시 초.중.고등학교 교목.교화 현황조사, 환경과학논집, 10(1), 113-127.
- 김인호, 2007, 친환경 학교를 위한 학교숲 운동 개선방안, 한국교육시설학회지, 14(1), 121-129.
- 김춘수, 이율경, 박강은, 2007, 서부 경남 지역의 초등학교에 식재된 목본식물 분석, 초등과학교육학회지, 26(32), 329-340.
- 문정현, 심재성, 서병기, 2002, 대전지역 학교 교정의 조경수목 식재현황, 한국잔디학회지, 16(2), 85-96
- 윤용한, 김원태, 2004, 초등학교 내 식물 식재현황 조사 연구, 한국환경복원녹화기술학회지, 7(6), 1-11.
- 이귀옥, 정남용, 2008, 식물체험활동이 아동의 정서발달에 미치는 영향, 한국실과교육학회지, 21(1), 113-128.
- 이율경, 강인석, 2007, 서울시 소재 초등학교의 야외 생태 학습 잠재력 분석, 한국생물교육학회지, 35(2), 281-290.
- 이재윤, 2005, 초등학교의 옥외공간 실태분석, 석사학위논문, 영남대학교.
- 정현모, 2001, 학교숲의 환경교육적 활용에 대한 연구, 지리환경교육학회지, 9(2), 125-137.
- 조승래, 2001, 초등학교 식재식물 현황에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 동아대학교.
- 최재영, 1999, 학교원 조경수목 식재현황 조사연구, 진주산업대학교 논문집, 12(2), 465-482.
- 최재영, 2004, 학교의 교목.교화에 대한 실태조사 연구, 경주대학교 논문집, 17, 351-365.