- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Complex Probiotics and Antibiotics on Growth Performance and Meat Quality in Broilers
복합생균제와 항생제 급여가 육계의 생산성 및 육질에 미치는 영향
- Park, Sung-Hyun (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Choi, Jung-Suk (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Jung, Dong-Soon (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Auh, Joong-Hyuck (Department of Food Science & Technology, Chungang University) ;
- Choi, Yang-Il (Department of Animal Science, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2009.12.28
- Accepted : 2010.06.16
- Published : 2010.06.30
This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of feeding complex probiotics (Lactobacillus casei, Bacillus subtilis, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Aspergillus oryzae, Streptomyces griseus,
complex probiotics;antibiotics;growth performance;meat quality;broiler
Supported by : 충북대학교
- Bird, H. R. (1969) Biological basis for the use of antibiotics in poultry feeds. Proc Symp NAS Washington, DC, USA.
- Guest, G. B. (1976) Status of FAD's program on the use of antibiotics in animal feeds. J Ani Sci. 68, 1318.
- Han, I. K., Lee, S. C., Lee, J. H., Lee, K. K., and Lee, J. C. (1984) The effect of lactobacillus sporogenes on the growing performance and the changes in microbial flora of the feces and intestinal contents of the broiler chicks. Korean J. Anim. Sci. 26, 150.
- Higgins, S. E., Higgins, J. P., Wolfenden, A. D., Henderson, S. N., Torres-Rodriguez, A., Tellez, G., and Hargis, B. (2008) Evaluation of a Lactobacillus-Based Probiotic Culture for the Reduction of Salmonella Enteritidis in Neonatal Broiler Chicks. Poultry Sci. 87, 27. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2007-00210
- Isolauri, E., Sutas. Y, Kankaanpaa. P, Arvilommi. H, and Salminen, S. (2001) Probiotics: Effects on immunity. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 73, 444S.
- Jin, L. Z., Ho, Y. W., Abdullah, N., and Jalaludin, S. (1996) Influence of dried Bacillus subtillis and Lactobacillus cultures on intestimal microflora and performance in broiler. Asian-Australasian J. Anim. Sci. 9, 397. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1996.397
- Jin, L. Z., Ho, Y. W., Abdullah, N., and Jalaludin, S. (1998) Growth performance, intestinal microbial population, and serum cholesterol of broilers fed diets containing Lactobacillus culture. Poultry Sci. 77, 1259. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/77.9.1259
- Kim, Y. J. (2007) Effect of dietary supplementation with probiotics, illite, active carbon and hardwood vinegar on the performance and carcass characteristics of broiler. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 34, 165. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2007.34.3.165
- Kim, Y. J. and Yoon, Y. B. (2008) Effect of the feeding probiotics, illite, activated carbon, and hardwood vinegar on the meat quality and shelf-life in chicken thigh. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 28, 480. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.4.480
- Kim, Y. R., Ahn, B. K., Kim, M. S., and Kang, C. W. (2000) Effect of dietary supplementation of probiotics on performance, blood cholesterol level, size of small intestine and intestinal microfloral in broiler chicks. J. Anim. Sci. Technol. (Kor) 42, 849.
- Line, J. E., Bailey, J. S., Cox, N. A., Stern, N. J., and Tompkins, T. (1998) Effect of yeast-supplemented feed on Salmonella and Campylobacter population in broilers. Poultry Sci. 77, 405. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/77.3.405
- Ministry for food, agriculture, forestry and fisheries. (2010) Bulletin 2010-4.
- National veterinary research & quarantine service. (2003) Bulletin 2003-4.
- Park, S. J. and Yoo, S. O. (2000) Effect of supplementation of antibiotic, probiotic and yeast culture on performance and meat quality in broiler chicks. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 27, 203.
- Parker, R. B. (1974) Probiotics : the half of the antibiotic story. An. Nutr. & Health 29, 4.
- Pelicano, E. R. L., Souza, P. A., Souza, H. B. A., Oba, A., Norkus, E. A, Kodawara, L. M., and Lima, T. M. A. (2003) Effect of different probiotics on broiler carcass and meat quality. Brazilian J. Poultry Sci. 5, 207.
- Roe, M. T. and Pillai, S. D. (2003) Monitoring and Identifying antibiotic resistance mechanisms in bacteria. Poultry Sci. 82, 622. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/82.4.622
- SAS (1999) The SAS system release 8.01 program. SAS Institute, Cary, NC.
- Yeo, J. and Kim, K. (1997) Effects of feeding diets containing an antibiotic, a probiotic, or Yucca extract on growth and intestinal urease activity in broiler chicks. Poultry Sci. 76, 381. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/76.2.381
- Yu, D. J., Na, J. C., Kim, T. H., Kim, S. H., and Lee, S. J. (2004) Effect of supplementation of complex probiotics on performances, physio-chemical properties of meat and intestinal microflora in broiler. J. Anim. Sci. & Technol. (Kor) 46, 593. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2004.46.4.593
- AOAC (1995) "Official methods of analysis" 16th Ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, DC.
- Mitsubashi, S., Harada, K., and Kameda M. (1961) On the drug registance of enteric bacteria. 6. Spontaneous and artificial elimination of transferable drug registance factors. Japan J. Microbiol. 31, 119.
- Zhang, A. W., Lee. B. D, Lee. S. K, Lee. K. W, An. G. H, Song. K. B., and Lee. C. H. (2005) Effects of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) cell components on growth performance, meat quality, and ileal mucosa development of broiler chicks. Poultry Sci. 84, 1015. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/84.7.1015
- Feed additives in broiler diets to produce healthy chickens without in-feed antimicrobial compounds vol.41, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7744/cnujas.2014.41.4.441
- Effects of heat stress and probiotic supplementation on protein functionality and oxidative stability of ground chicken leg meat during display storage 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.8423
- Comparison of Physiological Changes in Broiler Chicken Fed with Dietary Processed Sulfur vol.20, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2013.20.2.278
- Inhibition of Pathogenic Bacteria by Pediococcus pentosaceus Strain SH-10 Isolated from Hard Clam Meretrix meretrix Sikhae vol.45, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0600
- Effects of Dietary Supplementation of a New Probiotic CS61 Culture on Performance in Broiler Chickens vol.22, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2012.22.3.340