- Volume 12 Issue 3
Analysis of the peak particle velocity and the bonding state of shotcrete induced by the tunnel blasting
발파시 터널 숏크리트의 최대입자속도와 부착상태평가 분석
- Received : 2010.03.31
- Accepted : 2010.05.26
- Published : 2010.05.31
Bonding strength of shotcrete is a significant influential factor which plays the role of collapse prevention of tunnel crown and of debonding prevention of shotcrete induced by the blasting vibration. Thus, the evaluation of the shotcrete bonding state is one of the core components for shotcrete quality control. In this study, the peak particle velocities induced by blasting were measured on the shotcrete in a tunnel construction site and its effect on the bonding state of shotcrete is investigated. Drilling and blasting technique was used for the excavation of intersection tunnel connecting the main tunnel with the service tunnel. Blast-induced vibrations were monitored at some points of the main tunnel and the service tunnel. The shotcrete bonding state was evaluated by using impact-echo test coupled with the time-frequency domain analysis which is called short-time Fourier transformation. Analysis results of blast-induced vibrations and the time-frequency domain impact-echo signals showed that the blasting condition applied to the excavation of intersection tunnel hardly affects on the tunnel shotcrete bonding state. The general blasting practice in Korea was evaluated to have a minor negative impact on shotcrete quality.
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- 문상조, 장석부, 정준화 (1999), "지하철 대단면 터널의 설계와 시공관리 사례", 한국지반공학회 1999년 봄학술발표회 논문집, pp. 265-292.
- 송기일, 조계춘, 장석부 (2008), "충격 반향 기법을 이용한 숏크리트 배면 접착 상태 평가에 관한 수치해석적 연구", 한국터널공학회논문집 터널기술, 제9권, 제2호, pp. 109-120.
- 송기일, 조계춘, 장석부, 홍은수 (2009), "비파괴 시험기법을 이용한 숏크리트 배면 접착상태 평가에 관한 실험적 연구", 한국터널공학회논문집 터널기술, 제11권, 제1호, pp. 71-83.
- 안경철, 신재근, 김재동, 원광연, 김택곤 (2004), "숏크리트의 부착강도 측정을 통한 지보설계", 한국암반공학회춘계학술발표회, pp. 31-45.
- 장석부, 홍의준, 문상조 (2005), "대단면 암반터널의 안정성에 미치는 숏크리트 부착강도의 영향에 관한 연구", 한국터널공학회논문집 터널기술, 제7권, 제4호, pp. 305-312.
- Ansell, A. (2002) "A literature review on the vibration resistance of young and early age concrete", Structural Engineering Royal Institute of Tcchnology (KTH).
- Ansell, A. (2004) "In situ testing of young shotcrete subjected to vibration from blasting", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology Vol. 19, pp. 587-596. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2004.01.059
- Carino, NJ. and Sansalone M. (1992), "Detection of voids in grouted ducts using the impact-echo method", ACI Mater J, Vol. 89, No. 3, pp. 296-303.
- Cartwright, P., Clifford, B., Armanen, E. and Vuori, A. (2001), "Application of the acoustic energy meter for assessment of tunnel lining condition", Proceeding of the ISRM regional symposium EUROCK, Espoo, Finland, pp. 333-338.
- Davis, AG., Malcolm, KL. and Petersen, CG. (2005), "Rapid and economical evaluation of concrete tunnel linings with impulse response and impulse radar non-destructive methods", NDT & E International, Vol. 38, pp. 181-186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2004.03.011
- Gihson, A. and Popovics, JS. (2005), "Lamb Wave Basis for Impact-Echo Method Analysis", J Eng Mech., Vol. 131, No. 4, pp. 438-443. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2005)131:4(438)
- Kendorski, F.S., Jude, C.V. and Duncan, W.M. (1973), "Effect of blasting on shotcrete drift linings", Min. Eng., Vol. 25, pp. 38-41.
- McCreath, D.R., Tannant, D.D. and Langille, C.C. (1994), "Survivability of shotcrete near blasts", Nelson, Laubach, (Eds.), Rock Mechanics, Balkema, Rotterdam, pp. 277-284.
- Melbye, T. (2001),"Sprayed concrete for rock support", MBT International, pp.154-155
- Nakano, K., Okada, S., Furukawa, K. and Nakagawa, K. (1993), "Vibration and cracking of tunnel lining due to adjacent blasting", Doboku Gakkai Rombun-Hokokushu, Proceedings of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 462, pp. 53-62. (in Japanese, Abstract in English).
- Sansalone, M. and Streett, WE. (1997), Impact-Echo: Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masonry. New York, Bullbrier Press, pp. 338.
- Song, K.I. and Cho, G.C. (2009), "Bonding state evaluation of tunnel shotcrete applied onto hard rocks using the impact-echo method", NDT & E International, Vol. 42, pp. 487-500. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2009.02.007
- Tannant, D.D. and McDowell, G.M. (1993), "Dynamic testing of shotcreted drifts", GRC Internal Report 93-12-IR, GRC, Laurentian University, Sudbury, pp. 20.
- Wood, D.F. and Tannant, D.D. (1994), "Blast damage to steel fibrereinforced shotcrete", Fiber Reinforced Concrete-Modem Developments, UBC Press. pp. 241-250.
- Xie, X., Uu, Y., Huang, H., Du, J., Zhang, F. and Liu, L. (2007), "Evaluation of grout behind the lining of shield tunnels using ground-penetrating radar in the Shanghai Metro Line, China", J. Geophys. Eng., Vol. 4, pp. 253-261. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-2132/4/3/S03