- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a Turning Radius Measurement System using DGPS for Agricultural Tractors
DGPS를 이용한 농용트랙터 선회반경 측정 시스템 개발
- Kim, Yu-Yong ;
- Lim, Jong-Guk ;
- Shin, Seoung-Yeop ;
- Kim, Hyeok-Ju ;
- Kim, Byoung-Gap ;
- Kim, Hyeong-Kwon
- Received : 2009.12.15
- Accepted : 2010.03.10
- Published : 2010.04.25
This study was carried out to develop turning radius measuring method and device of using a DGPS speed sensor for agricultural tractors. The measurement system consisted of a DGPS speed sensor, a data acquisition device, a touch panel, a photo sensor, a radio modem and a notebook computer. Three methods were developed: average of turning speed-time method, integral of turning speed-time method, and speed-heading angular velocity method. Best method was average of turning speed-time method which could be used with a maximum error 2.7 cm.
Turning radius;DGPS speed sensor;Agricultural tractor
- Ayers, P., M. Vance, L. Haugen and A. B. Anderson. 2000. An evaluation of DGPS-based continuously operating vehicle monitoring systems to determine site-specific event severity factors. ERDC/CERL TR-00-43, pp 23-30. US Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
- Besselink, B. C. 2003. Computer controlled steering system for vehicles having two independently driven wheels. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 39:209-222. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1699(03)00081-4
- Choi, M. I., Chun, Y. S. and Lim, S. H., 1999. New Vehicle Chassis Engineering. pp. 122-124. (In Korea). Hanjin, Seoul, Korea.
- Isao, I. and N. Mikao. 2003. Method and Device for Calculating Turning Radius Considered Weight Transfer of Vehicle. Patent Number : 10-0387292. (In Korea)
- ISO. 1993. ISO 789-3: Agricultural Tractors-Test procedures- Part 3: Turning and Clearance Diameters. ISO, Geneva, Swiss.
- OECD. 2009. OECD Standard Code 2 for the Official Testing of Agricultural and Forestry Tractor Performance. OECD, Paris, France.
- Weise, G., Y. Nagasaka and K. Taniwaki. 2000. An investigation of the turning behaviour of an autonomous rice transplanter. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 77 (2):233-237. https://doi.org/10.1006/jaer.2000.0553