- Volume 35 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Tractor PTO Power and Work Loads
트랙터 PTO 출력과 농작업 부하 특성
- Park, Seok-Ho ;
- Kim, Young-Jung ;
- Im, Dong-Hyeok ;
- Kim, Chung-Kill ;
- Jung, Sang-Cheol ;
- Kim, Hyeok-Joo ;
- Lee, Jong-Soon ;
- Kim, Sung-Su
- Received : 2009.09.16
- Accepted : 2010.01.05
- Published : 2010.02.25
Tractor PTO output and fuel consumption rate under the korean paddy and various paddy operations were measured and analyzed, in which all the measurements were accomplished by the OECD tractor test codes and the collected information will be utilized for defining tractor energy efficiency class and its test methods. Tractor PTO performance tests were conducted under full-load, part-load and various engine RPMs with part-load at the engine laboratory, while the paddy operations were dry land plowing, wet and dry land rotary tilling and wet land preparation under various soils. As a whole, the rated tractor outputs were ranged from 17% to 100% in the various tillage and land preparation operations, however, the loads for the paddy operations of 1,700 to 2,000 rpm were very close to the OECD tractor load distribution thus it would be appropriate to adopt OECD tractor test codes to measure energy consumption efficiency of tractor.
Tractor;Fuel consumption rate;OECD Test Code;Energy efficiency
- Choi, C. H. and M. J. NahmGung. 2000. Load measurement of tractor on field performance. Proceedings of the KSAM 2000 Summer Conference 5(2):29-34. (In Korean)
- Fujii, Y. 2008. Recent trends in energy saving for development and use of agricultural machinery in Japan. SIEMSTA 2008 International Symposium of KSAM, Energy Saving in the field of Agricultural Machinery Engineering. pp. 3-38. (In Korean)
- Green, M. K., B. A. Stout and S. W. Searcy. 1983. Instrumentation package for monitoring tractor performance. ASAE Paper No. 83-1562. ASAE, St. Joseph, MI, USA.
- Grisso, R. D. and R. Pitman. 2001. Gear up and throttle down - saving fuel. Virginia Cooperative Extension Publication 442-450, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA.
- Grissso, R. D., M. F. Kocher and D. H. Vaughan. 2003. Predicting tractor fuel consumption. ASAE Paper No. 031107. ASAE, St. Joseph, MI, USA.
- Jaime, O. C. 2006. Development of Indexes to Classify Agricultural Tractors According to Their Energy Efficiency. Institute for energy diversification and saving (IDAE), Madrid, Spain.
- Kim, S. C., K. U. Kim and D. C. Kim. 2009. Analysis of drawbar load acting on tractor engine at maximum drawbar power. Journal of Biosystems Engineering 34(2):71-76. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2009.34.2.071
- OECD. 2009. Code 2 OECD Standard Code for the Official Testing of Agricultural and Forestry Tractor Performance. OECD, Paris, France.
- Park, S. H., C. H. Kang, K. J. Choe, I. K. Jung. K. W. Kim and W. P. Park. 1996. Tilling characteristic of plastic moldboard plow for tractor. RDA Journal of Agricultural Science 38(1):973-979. (In Korean)
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 2008. Symposium on the Energy Saving Technology and Diffusion for Low Carbon Green Growth. pp. 16-18. RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Ryu, K. H. and S. B. Kang. 1991. Evaluation of indirect methods of engine torque measurement. Journal of the Korean Society for Agricultural Machinery 16(1):1-8. (In Korean)
- Evaluation of Tractor PTO Severeness during Rotary Tillage Operation vol.36, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.3.163
- Effects of Distribution of Axle Load and Inflation Pressure of Tires on Fuel Efficiency of Tractor Operations vol.36, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.5.303
- Analysis of Power Requirement of Agricultural Tractor during Baler Operation vol.36, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.4.243
- Analysis of Power Requirement of Agricultural Tractor by Major Field Operation vol.36, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2011.36.2.79
- Effects of gear selection of an agricultural tractor on transmission and PTO load during rotary tillage vol.134, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2013.07.013